To think that I have lived so long

and never used this word.

Very many things I write

yet not one hug I’ve sent.

Even though I think it might

be what I really meant.

B. Withers 2013

Past Member

Hi Bill, lovely poem. A hug is always nice to get. Take care, Ambies.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello Ambies,Thanks for the feedback which is a bit like a hug of its own ! Best wishes. Bill
jenepooh

Oh my gosh! That is awesome to see and even better to read. I'm having a really bad day health-wise today and catching up on things and email since I cannot sleep right now...for reasons I won't go into. You've made my day/night! (Hugssssssss) :) I give those because I mean them...each and every one and if it can bring a smile to someone's face, then my job is done. :)-Jen

Bill
And -- what a lovely job it is too!

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
hometown

I received a wink today from a young man, who I might add is handsome besides so nice. He makes me feel like a new person and I needed that as my day is also not very good. Hometown

Bill
Hello Hometown, Congratulations! Doesn't it make you feel so much better when someone takes the time and effort to indicate that they care. Best wisahes Bill
hometown

You are so right, and this young fella makes my heart break as he is so young to have to deal with a colostomy. And believe me, I know it has saved my life, but I suffer every day. And it seems like no one can help me. I feel like I walk around with a bathroom plunger stuck to my side all the time. LOL. Thanks for understanding how much it means when someone replies and understands what we are all going through. Hometown.

Bill
Hello Hometown, I love the analogy with the bathroom plunger. If only I could draw cartoons that would make a great image!Good luck with the relationship. Best wishes Bill