Then there is the loss of sleep

where tiredness is what you reap.

These chronic illnesses aren’t kind,

they stress the body and the mind.

Because they are so difficult

tiredness is one result.

B. Withers 2013

Rosiesmom

Bill, I have always enjoyed your verses. They make the sometimes scary normal we all now have in common seem less so. I have been trying to come up with a verse to the tune of "Me and My Shadow," only substituting "stoma." I bet you can. Will you please try? - Rosiesmom

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello Rosiesmom.Thanks for you post. I've had a go a the theme of me and my shadow and have posted it as a blog. I am presuming that you would like to perform it as a music hall -type review so I've put some suggestions alongside to help with such a potential performance. Perhaps you could put it on youtube so that we could all have a look!!! Best wishes Bill
Past Member

Enjoy your verses. Yes, fatigue certainly goes hand in hand in my case with constant C. diff infections monthly for 2 years after losing half my colon and permanent colostomy. I feel for anyone that suffers from extreme fatigue. I have started back up with my local bee pollen granules, am getting B12 shots at the doctor's office 2x a month for 3 months, then once a month to keep the B12 high enough. Walking is another energy booster. Hope you are well. This is my first post here. I also belong to Inspire.com...another great bunch of blogs for all kinds of conditions. God bless.

Bill
Hello unknown. Thanks for your supportive comment on the verses - I always appreciate feedback about them. There was a time throughout most of my life that I suffered from extreme fatigue and tiredness to such an extent that I would almost collapse on the spot or go to sleep whilst walking along or just standing somewhere. Because I had had this condition since I was a child I just took it to be 'normal'. However, after I married, my wife shared her concerns about my stopping breathing at night time for long periods so I went to have some tests and found that I had sleep apnoea. They gave me a CPAP (Continuous Positive Air Pressure) machine which resolved the problem from the very first night and gave me a new lease of life. I now reflect on how wonderful such a simple solution can be - - only all problems could be solved in such ways!! Best wishes Bill

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister