Support and Chat during the Coronavirus Pandemic

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Clormad

Wishing good health and happiness to everyone in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic. Take care of yourself and each other during this time. Pay close attention to your medical & government officials. One-on-one chatting on here would help if anyone is interested.

I'm all ears.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Hi Clormad,
Exactly, best wishes.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
looking forward

Yes, amen to that. I am sooo bored.

w30bob

Well... I guess it depends on where you live. My best friend lives in New York State and Governor Cuomo just locked down the entire state, including NYC. That sucks. Here in Maryland where I am, things are pretty normal. Other than working from home, you wouldn't know the world has been turned on its head. I took the garbage to the recycling center and then drove over to the local supermarket just to drive through the parking lot to see the level of activity. It looked the same as it does every day. I was fully expecting to see the parking lot empty... but it was about half full, like it is every day after work. Everything is open here, although I'm getting emails from my banks saying they're going to limit the number of people allowed inside the banks during the day to honor the CDC's recommendation for spacing... and that we should use the drive-thru as much as possible... but that's about it. Oh yeah, my hillbilly neighbors have been target shooting a little more than normal, but nothing crazy. I'm not bored, but tend to be more toward the "homebody" side of the spectrum, so maybe it all just affects me less. Bottom line is nothing crazy going on, we'll have to see how it evolves. Everyone stay safe out there!!

Regards,
Bob

lovely

I live in a small town of about 8500. So far, there have been no cases here. But in some of the larger towns around us, there are a few cases. Some places shut down, but some are open. I went to the grocery store tonight and there were a lot of people there. Still no bread, eggs, toilet paper, and other items out of stock. Stay safe.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Morning glory

No cases in my small town but things have certainly changed in NC. The schools are all closed. Groceries are scarce. I went three times to the stores this week. The shelves were bare. I finally was able to get some eggs and potatoes. I am thankful that I can cook and bake. I really feel sorry for those that can't. The restaurants are taking a beating but are offering drive-through.
We will get through this and be stronger for it. Hang in there everyone.

Bill
Sometimes someone says something so much more eloquently than me:
Brother Richard Hendrick, a Capuchin Franciscan living in Ireland, has penned a touching poem about #coronavirus.
Lockdown
:
Yes there is fear.
Yes there is isolation.
Yes there is panic buying.
Yes there is sickness.
Yes there is even death.
But,they say that in Wuhan after so many years of noise
You can hear the birds again.
They say that after just a few weeks of quiet
The sky is no longer thick with fumes
But blue and grey and clear.
They say that in the streets of Assisi
People are singing to each other
across the empty squares,
keeping their windows open
so that those who are alone
may hear the sounds of family around them.
They say that a hotel in the West of Ireland is offering free meals and delivery to the housebound.
Today a young woman I know
is busy spreading fliers with her number
through the neighbourhood
So that the elders may have someone to call on.
Today Churches, Synagogues, Mosques and Temples are preparing to welcome
and shelter the homeless, the sick, the weary
All over the world people are slowing down and reflecting
All over the world people are looking at their neighbours in a new way
All over the world people are waking up to a new reality
To how big we really are.
To how little control we really have.
To what really matters.
To Love.
So we pray and we remember that
Yes there is fear.
But there does not have to be hate.
Yes there is isolation.
But there does not have to be loneliness. Yes there is panic buying.
But there does not have to be meanness.
Yes there is sickness.
But there does not have to be disease of the soul
Yes there is even death.
But there can always be a rebirth of love.
Wake to the choices you make as to how to live now.
Today, breathe.
Listen, behind the factory noises of your panic
The birds are singing again
The sky is clearing,
Spring is coming,
And we are always encompassed by Love.
Open the windows of your soul
And though you may not be able
to touch across the empty square,
Sing
Puppyluv56

Things are okay in SC. No TP of course. Hubby found eggs today. Good thing, strawberries are in and they are yummy! Fresh at the farm! That helps to take the sting out of not having some other items! Walmart is starting a senior hour at the beginning of their open hours on Tuesday morning for those 60+. So for those of us that qualify for that, expectations are that the shelves would be stocked and everything available. Check with your local Walmart. Target is doing the same.
Stay safe and healthy!
Puppyluv