Looking for understanding and love after colectomy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic offers support and advice for individuals seeking understanding and love after undergoing a colectomy.
JnTHATTHING

Had a full colectomy last year due to UC. Was diagnosed 30 years ago! Looking to meet a guy who gets it! Hoping for a reversal but some issues involved. Moving out of NM soon. Just waiting for my last son at home to go Active Duty and I am out of NM. I need lakes, oceans, rain, grass, and trees. The desert is not cutting it! Happy New Year to all!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ritz

Welcome! I know how you feel about missing grass and water, as I'm located in the low desert of Arizona!
I suffered with my diagnosis for only 20 years before they said no more and took it all. I'm much happier toting my bag instead of toting my toilet!
I'm also looking forward to moving from my hot dry heat. Where have you decided to go?
I believe you'll like this site as much as I do. Happier Year Ahead.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill
Hello and welcome to this site. I wish you the best for this coming year and hope that you find and achieve all that you are aiming for
Best wishes
Bill
JnTHATTHING

Thank you!

Lily17

Hi, Jn! :)

Like Ritz, I get it: grew up in northwestern Montana, and miss the lake, mountains, and having four seasons...and GREEN! Have lived in the high desert of Nevada for 36 years. Still not used to it. No plans for moving anytime soon, but I envy you ladies and your plans.

Be well!

Lily17~

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Past Member

Hi JN,
Welcome and wishing you the best too. I hope you will find a nice green place to live and happiness. Oregon has it all! Be safe and please update us on what happens.

Puppyluv56

Welcome to the site! Glad you found us! I live in South Carolina. I am an hour from the beach, an hour from the mountains, and four hours from Florida! Best of all worlds. No snow, unfortunately. I would like to have it once in a while! It is hard to move though! Best of luck to you!

Puppyluv
w30bob

Hi Jn,

Welcome aboard! We're all hoping you can get a reversal! But if not, you'll find this a friendly place where you can talk about anything. And I mean ANYTHING!!

Regards,
Bob

JnTHATTHING

Thanks, Bob!!

kmedup

Welcome, I have been on this site since 2010 and that longevity speaks for itself. Just, K.