Inspired by Chris Evans Lookalike Nurse: My Walking Incentive

Replies
Views
CrappyColon

My nurse that looked like Chris Evans asked if a dog was waiting at the other end of the hospital if I'd go for a walk.

Jodie

Past Member

Seriously?! You had a nurse that looked like Chris Evans!!!! (Shouting/screaming is necessary!) OMG!!!

Totally on board to pet all the dogs!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon
Reply to Anonymous

I know, right?! He came in once to check on me, and I was having trouble getting a brush through my hair because by then I'd been in the hospital about a week longer than planned and hadn't been allowed to wash it while I had the NG tube in. I looked at him with my eyes wide because there was no hiding what was going on with my hair. He was seriously one of the kindest guys, not just nurses, I think I've ever met. I think I texted all my girlfriends and cousins (they're all girls) about him - they were like, "Ohhhh, Jodie's having a good day today."

CrappyColon

Oh! And he liked dogs too, like Chris Evans. You know what's funny, I've been trying and I can't remember his first name, and that's bugging me because he was so nice, but I was on pain meds and I think he got stuck as Chris Evans in my head and everyone else I told about him ha.

CrappyColon
Reply to Anonymous

I want all those puppies. Jo, I think we'd be good friends.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member
Reply to CrappyColon

Sounds like the perfect guy!

Past Member
Reply to CrappyColon

Definitely!

Axl

During my first few episodes in the hospital, the half a dozen women I work with gave me specific instructions to find them all a wealthy doctor. Instead, my doctor then was a drop-dead gorgeous woman around thirty. With her permission, I took a pic and sent it to the girls. They were very disappointed.

CrappyColon
Reply to Axl

Hahaha, I bet they were.

eefyjig

Boy, if you have to be in the hospital in pain after surgery, that's a nice little perk. It made me think of the Seinfeld episode where George visits his mom in the hospital and hears (and sees the curtain silhouette) her roommate getting a sponge bath. By the way, I have a "Tell your dog I said hi" sticker on my car.

Past Member
Reply to eefyjig

"Hang on Ma, hang on!"

eefyjig
Reply to Anonymous

OMG, thanks for posting!

CrappyColon
Reply to Anonymous

Just let me know when you're ready for me to visit.

thebertonlagden
Reply to Anonymous

This made me laugh so much, thank you!

There is clearly a difference between the appeal of the US Chris Evans and the UK Chris Evans (who immediately popped to mind when I read the post above).

All I can say is I definitely would walk dogs or not for the US version!!!

UK Chris Evans..... Lovely, funny bloke but completely different appeal to the Chris Evans on the other side of the pond!

CrappyColon
Reply to thebertonlagden

Yeah... my vote would be for the US Chris Evans. I really wish I'd been able to get a picture of him (the nurse) without it being weird.