Chemo-Radiation Journey: Home at Last

Replies
Views
Abefroman1969

Felt good waking up today back in my own home and for the first time in 6 weeks I don't have to go to the hospital, I don't have a chemo pump attached to me!

28 treatment sessions with chemo Mon-Fri was wearing on me. I think I have about a week before I have to go back and have the CT and MRI scans to see if the treatments were successful. If they were successful then it's time to move back to the cottage for surgery to cut out the cancer that is left! I have to heal from the radiation burns first they tell me.

It's terrific being home, catching up on a lot here since I haven't been here since October.

Thank you for your support and messages. I still love the "ostomy memories" stories and read them when I remember. Brain is still a bit foggy.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Abe

aka Paul

Beth22

Oh yeah! I am glad you are home now!!! I am so sorry you have to go through all of this, you are brave and strong!! Please keep us updated. Bye bye cancer!! Kicking its ass, Abe!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
HenryM

Paul, You are a tough guy and I'm proud of you, the way you maintain your center of gravity through all this.  Thumb's up for you, my friend.  HenryM  

bowsprit

That scourge can be beaten. You are on the road to recovery now. All the best wishes.

eefyjig

You are the epitome of grace under fire. Welcome home!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SallyK

Oh, Paul, so glad to hear you are doing well. Sending loads of love your way!

AlexT

About time you get done with all that gibberish. The radiation actually takes longer to hit its full potential, that's why they wait on the surgery. I went the same route. Glad to see you back, enjoy every day.

Justbreathe

Yay on being home! Stay strong and enjoy each good day - you've got lots of fans and all are cheering for you. Hugs, jb

TerryLT

So glad you are home, Paul! I'm so impressed with your strength and resilience. You rock, my friend. If anyone can beat this ugly beast, it's you. Stay strong and know we are all rootin' for you here. Big hug.

Terry

Caz67

Glad to hear you are back home. Onwards and upwards from now, my friend. XX

eefyjig

Paul, thinking of you and hoping your MRIs and CTs gave you good results.

Abefroman1969
Reply to eefyjig

It's too soon to tell, the scans I had showed a lot of inflammation so now waiting on surgeon.