Share Your Favorite Smoothie Recipes!

Replies
Views
w30bob

Ron's post this morning sent me into the kitchen to make a smoothie. While doing so, I got to wondering if you guys had any good recipes? I realize they can be made for a variety of purposes, but if you have a recipe you think someone on here might enjoy... post it. Here's what I just made

Superfood Smoothie

2 Scoops Pea Quinoa Blend plant-based protein powder (chocolate flavor)

1 Scoop Collagen Peptides powder

1 Scoop Black Maca Root powder

1 Banana

1 Nectarine

Cup of Blueberries

Cup of Strawberries

Cup of Raspberries

5 Eggs

1/2 Quart whole milk yogurt (unflavored)

1/2 Cup 2% milk

Blend it up and drink!!!

Your turn...............................

;O)

mild_mannered_super_hero

5 strips of crispy bacon.....2 Tennessee Pride sausage patties fried done.....2 fresh brown eggs scrambled hard.....Well that's not exactly a smoothie....but it's close enough for me

Oops, I almost forgot 1 cherry Zero Diet Coke

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon

That sounds like so much food (to me). How many glasses does that come out to?

And, isn't it maca root that has been used in S. America for other purposes?

Killshot_24523

I like Jameson over ice... so damn smooth...

xnine

My wife makes smoothies

Benefits of the Acai Berry PLUS a Free Recipe

by Leanne Ely, C.N.C

Today's focus is on ACAI BERRIES

This little purple berry's name has spread like wildfire in the last couple of years from being everything to superfood to diet supplement par excellence! They really do have high levels of antioxidants; the jury is still out on the diet help they offer, but let's talk about the nutrition aspect.

The antioxidant-rich acai berry offers a lot of other nutritional benefits including polyphenolic anthocyanin compounds (anti-aging assistants), medium-chain fatty acids (omega-9 and omega-6 which reduces LDL cholesterol level, helps boost the good HDL, prevents skin dryness and offers protection from heart disease). A good bit of dietary fiber, a handful of minerals (potassium, manganese, copper, iron, and magnesium), and to top it off a smattering of B-complex vitamins and vitamin-K. How 'bout those acai berries, eh?

Here's today's TRICK:

Acai juice can be made with the ripe berries. Soak them in lukewarm water to soften their skin. Then squeeze them and strain out the seeds and you're left with a thick purple liquid that is acai juice!

Here's a TIP:

This berry is highly caloric. That isn't a bad thing, but you should watch how much you consume. The perks of being high in calories is that it's an instant energy booster!

And your RECIPE:

Acai Yogurt Smoothie

1 bag of frozen acai pulp or puree (health food stores have this)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 frozen banana
A splash of water or coconut milk

Instructions:

First, add yogurt to the blender and then the splash of water or coconut milk. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until fully combined! Now enjoy it!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
xnine

The All-American Cherry plus a Cool Summer Recipe

By Leanne Ely, C.N.C

Today's focus is on cherries

I rarely ever stumble upon a person that doesn't like cherries. They're delicious and addicting, and tend to be at the front of every supermarket as soon as summer is officially declared.

Not only do they taste great and are naturally sweet, but the health benefits are pretty sweet as well. Anthocyanins are what give pigments to different fruits and flowers and also act as an antioxidant (remember, lots of colors on your plate is a good thing). Anthocyanin isn't just an antioxidant, but it also acts as a natural pain-reliever and anti-inflammatory component and so is melatonin that also happens to be in cherries!

And the cherry on top (pun very much intended): these little summer treats are full of fiber! So grab a handful and enjoy!

Here's today's trick:

If you're sore from working out or playing a sport, eat some cherries, or drink some (a little) fresh cherry juice, and you'll notice your muscles relaxing without downing any NSAIDs.

Here's a tip:

How do you know which cherries are sweet and which are sour? Very easy. The sweeter cherries will be firm and have darker coloring, the sour will be slightly less firm and paler in complexion.

And your recipe:

Summer Smoothie

1 cup frozen, pitted cherries
1 whole banana
1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
2 scoops whey protein powder (no sugar added - real or fake)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
Splash of orange juice (use your judgment for thickness you desire)
Splash of unsweetened coconut milk

All you need to do is add it all to a blender and enjoy!

xnine

I posted one a while back but cannot find it. It now only lets you go back two pages on "Posts I have replied to".

Found it. Discussions/Discussion Forums/Ostomy healthy eating/a couple pages down. Look for "Smoothie recipes?"

Whatever you have. Bananas (frozen) and cranberry juice as a base. Add frozen mango, frozen pineapple, strawberries, if you can handle them, yogurt. This will freeze.