Classic Comedy Movie Lines: Can You Identify Them?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Ostomate & woundr

Who can finish these sentences...or identify the picture?

"Could be worse..." "I was going to make espresso" "You take the blonde I'll take the one in the toiban". "The staircase can be treacherous"

Hello handsome, is that a ten-gallon hat or are you just enjoying the show". "Don't just stand there clasping your hands in pain... How about a round of applause for The Waco Kid?". "A man drinks like that and he doesn't eat, he is going to die.". . *Candygram for Mongo"

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!". OR "I'm not quite dead yet!" more "You've got two empty halves of coconuts and you're bangin' em together!"

"I like my coffee like I like my men...hot and black" "Stop calling me Shirley" "Leon's getting rounder"

I tried to choose lines that were not too obvious but still recognizable. I love to laugh. Will there ever be comedy like this again?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

I know none of them. ‍

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mild_mannered_super_hero

I think Candy Gram might be from Blazing Saddles.... But that's the only one I remember

w30bob

Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Airplane

You're dating yourself!

;o)

CrappyColon

The hamster/elderberries/not quite dead yet = Monty Python?

Darn it, just saw Bob beat me.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Awww....sorry about that. I just went back and removed my Monty Python answer so you can get credit for it. I needed a good deed done for today and it's getting late. I was running out of options.

;O)

tmn68

Stop calling me Shirley. Airplane?

mild_mannered_super_hero

Hey, do one on vintage commercials.

1: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ tastes good like a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ should!

2: It's mountain grown!

3: Good cracker...!

4: Yahoo, it's _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!

tmn68
Reply to mild_mannered_super_hero

The only one I recognize is Folgers Coffee.

w30bob

Winston cigarettes

Folgers coffee

Ritz crackers........with Andy Griffith

Mountain Dew!

;o)

w30bob

Anybody remember this commercial from around 1969? As a 5-year-old, this one scared the crap out of me every time it came on. Because of it, I never even took a drag of a cigarette even once in my life. Guess it did what it was intended to do. Let me know if anyone remembers ol' Johnny Smoke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlY8keDzUUA

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Nah, that's okay. You can take it back. Charity wins are no fun. And you have a little less than 30 minutes to try and find a new good deed now.

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Ok, took it back. Nope........I did the deed. Whether it's accepted or not doesn't matter.

So there.........nah nah na nah nah!

;o)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Oh my gosh, how old are you?! I think even my kids have outgrown the "nah nah nah etc" phase.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Good job, Bob. You got them all.

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

When you outgrow that phase, you're officially 'old'. I'm not going there!

;O)

Ostomate & woundr
Reply to w30bob

Ah, Bobbers. But you knew everyone!... You are obviously a student of the comedy movie genre from before your time or ....you too may have revealed your age.

Ostomate & woundr
Reply to mild_mannered_super_hero

Winston cigarettes Folgers coffee!

I can hear the good cracker in my head but....Ritz? Last one has me stumped.

Return challenge:

"Ever eaten a pine tree many parts are edible"

Mrs. Olson's coffee.

Joe Namath's shaving cream

"Bet you can't eat just one!"

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing!"

I don't know why it makes me kinda sad to think that there will probably never be a generation like ours that can actually remember cute and clever television advertising because as far as I can tell it won't exist.

Ostomate & woundr
Reply to w30bob

Kind of a shame it didn't deter more folks.

Although it would have a devastating effect on some economies, I used to have the dream that if I was granted three wishes, one of them would be to remove human addiction to nicotine.

Later, when I read science fiction, I thought it would have been cool to bioengineer a bug that would eliminate the tobacco plant entirely, making it too expensive for anyone to pursue.

But you can't put the genie back in the box.

mild_mannered_super_hero

The pine tree thing was Grape Nuts cereal I believe.

I remember Mrs. Olsen but not the actual brand of the coffee.

Joe Namath, I remember his pantyhose commercial but not the shaving cream.

Lays potato chips.

I believe the last one was Alka-Seltzer.

Ostomate & woundr
Reply to tmn68

Ah yup

Ostomate & woundr

Some fun with the retro commercials. Hope y'all like it.

https://youtu.be/6L8LjQRk9w4