Lesson Learned: Covid's Impact Despite Precautions

Replies
Views
TerryLT

Well, if anyone thought Covid was no longer a part of our lives, I'm here to tell you, it still is! I thought that after three years of avoiding it and taking all the precautions, vaccines and boosters, that I was safe. I was wrong. This is the first day I feel like I might actually live, but it's been brutal and I had some pretty unpleasant symptoms. My husband got it first, and of course was nice enough to pass it on. Mine was a lot worse than his, not sure why. Anyway, I can only be thankful that I was well protected because I can't imagine how terrible it would have been if I was unvaccinated. I never had given up mask wearing when I was in a really crowded place, i.e., Walmart. My husband had pretty much given his up, so perhaps there is a lesson here? It's pretty clear who brought it into the house. I will continue to mask in crowded places and hubby has agreed to start again. Neither of us want a repeat of that.

Terry

CrappyColon

Sorry to hear you were so sick, Terry!!!! Glad you seem to be on the mend now :)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

Get well soon

Bryce

Best wishes for a full and fast recovery. Bryce

Bill

Hello Terry.

I too am pleased to hear that you are now recovering. I caught Covid before there were vaccinations and it certainly motivated me to get them when they were available .
Also, I wear a mask for most occasions, but was doing that long before Covid came on the scene as the pollution in the atmosphere where we are is so chronic I need to use a CPAP breathing machine with a hypoallergenic filter. (Apparently, it was air pollution that caused my heart attack and a triple bypass).
It seems that there are members of the human species who have become so obsessed with making money that they are willing to put other people's lives at risk in that pursuit. 

Best wishes

Bill  

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
HenryM

Sorry you had to suffer that, Terry.  Thanks for the warning, as it is easy to forget that the monster is still out there.  

veejay
Reply to HenryM

Yes, Henry, "the monster" is still around.

Just like the non-believers are.

V.J.

Caz67

Hi Terry

Glad to hear you're coming out of the end of the terrible COVID. I too caught it for the 2nd time and was really off. Take care of yourself XX

bowsprit

Good news that you got over it. Yes, it is still around, but they say it's not as severe as it used to be. Best wishes.

ron in mich

Hi Terry, sorry to hear you got COVID. Both my daughters and spouses got it for the second time, but both spouses did some traveling so they probably brought it home. Their symptoms were mild though. The past 2 months, there have been hockey tournaments and cross-country ski races locally, and the flu and COVID have hit the area hard with some deaths and local hospital on COVID lockdown.

Maried

Take care. Glad you are getting better.

Lily17

Hi, Terry

I haven't been on MAO much over the last year, and your post caught my attention as my mom and I both contracted the COVID Omicron virus last September! As so many others, we had been so careful for so very long. At that point, we had received three of the four available vaccinations, and were actually scheduled to receive the fourth the weekend following our diagnoses! Our symptoms were mild, thank goodness, with no long-COVID issues - that we know of.

Terry, I hope you and your husband recover fully and quickly!

Lily17

Casper9

Hi Terry,

So sorry you caught "The Vid". My family and I had the Delta version before there were vaccines. The only time I felt worse was right before my ostomy surgery. I hope you recover quickly and don't have any lasting effects.

Casper

catlyn827

So sorry you caught Covid. I have so far avoided it, but in speaking with a friend lately, found out she had Covid and was given Paxlovid. She said that caused diarrhea and that worries me with an ileostomy since I already have chronic loose output. Anyone here taken Paxlovid? Anyway - I hope you feel all well soon. Stay safe - wear your mask...and keep trying to enjoy life anyway :-)