suggestions for surgeon

Replies
Views
rdt4ma

I am a complex patient. I have anorectal issues for 12 years, lost my spleen due to a colonic manometry, thus am now immunocompromised. At that time, 7 years ago, I was also diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Fast forward and mt colitis is worse, now crypt changes, and celiac on top. Biologics when you already have no spleen is not a great idea. I have been offered a temp ileostomy (which would be permanent) but that is no solution, given I would still have my diseased colon and rectal issues. It seems not having a spleen when undergoing surgery outs you at greater risks if there is a leak from surgery. I have had a second opinion from Cleveland Clinic who suggested three suries over the course of a year, and suggested moving there for a year, which would b rather difficult since I live in my home in MA. I am at a loss how I can't find the right help in MA. I have seen the pelvic floor doc at Mass General andcolorectal doc at Brighams, yet both said to get a temporary. Is there anyone here who had their colon and rectum removed and closed who was immunocompromised before surgery? Any suggestions for great surgeons in Boston. It used to be my pelvic floor anorectal issues were worse than the colits, but now the colitis seems to taken over and add in celiac, I am a complex patient. For those who traveled to Cleveland clinic, how long did you stay and how did you access help when you returned home?

CrappyColon

I have a great colorectal surgeon at Cleveland Clinic... the Drs/staff are accustomed to patients not living in the area and can work with you accordingly. I know for myself if I moved from the area, I would still come back to this surgeon if necessary.
Feel free to message me questions about CC/area/surgeons etc

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.