Reversal

Replies
Views
rjg19

I was wondering what to expect when I have my reversal ? What is the recovery like ?

Celia1552

Look under Collections, then Premium Content. As you scroll down you will find almost a hundred articles written by members! It is a treasure trove of first hand information! Best wishes!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,377 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon

What type of reversal are you having? Colostomy or Ileostomy? If from ileostomy did they say J-pouch or something else?

AlexT

No idea what it's like to go back to being one of "those" people......eww. good luck.

avon1669
Reply to Celia1552

Everyone's recovery with reversal is totally different. Be willing to adapt until you experience your new normal

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
avon1669
Reply to AlexT

Is this Alex?..lol. I think I've told you this before but I'll never forget the advice you gave me regarding taking showers ...such a small reply but had a huge impact on my struggle....I just told this story today about you.....Thanks Alex...if this is you

Justbreathe
Reply to avon1669

Many of Alex's small replies have had an impact - I for one have benefited from them. a reply by someone on this site (not sure if was Alex) advised when shower is over, before you dry yourself off, to place two sheets (folded) toilet paper over your stoma like a tee-pee (good choice of words here haha) helps to catch any unwanted residue from hitting your feet or the floor of the shower.

Justbreathe

Celia1552 has wise advice - go to Collections and see former responses to this very question- carefully review all that you read or hear about reversals - everyone is different but only you know your own body - avon1669 's advice is good and ADAPT is the key word here....PLEASE keep us posted. Thanks, jb

rjg19
Reply to CrappyColon

Colostomy

rjg19
Reply to Justbreathe

Thank you . I will definitely check it out .

CrappyColon
Reply to rjg19

A friend of mine just had a colostomy reversal, I'll see if she has the time to jump on this thread sometime soon

rjg19
Reply to CrappyColon

I have a colostomy

Wildflower 81
Reply to rjg19

I am said friend that she mentioned....may I first ask of the circumstances leading up to your colostomy? I know every situation can be unique which possibly lends itself to different outcomes for each individual. Personally, mine was brought about by diverticulitis (which I was unaware of till all hell broke loose a second time in a six month time span) that resulted in a perforation of my sigmoid colon section.

Justbreathe
Reply to rjg19

I see you have a colostomy as opposed to an ileostomy- when reviewing info remember not all ostomies are created equal.

rjg19
Reply to CrappyColon

I am having a colostomy reversal .

Wildflower 81
Reply to rjg19

What led to your colostomy to begin with?