Offering Free Ostomy Supplies in East London - Can You Use Them?

Replies
Views
cupcakegirl512

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone was in need of extra ostomy bags. I seem to only have bags and barrier rings/wipes and a couple of belts. No flanges. Not sure how I accumulated so many bags, but I had to stop using Hollister products as I was getting rashes from the glue. I am moving out and have reached out to local hospitals, but they said they were unable to take them, unfortunately, and my supplier was the one that recommended me to the hospitals, lol, as they can't take them either. So I was wondering if it could help someone local or if anyone has any other suggestions on what I could do with them. I, of course, don't want to bin them, but I am moving on the 28th and will not be able to take them when I go.

I'm based in East London but happy to meet wherever to give them. Please beware it is a gigantic bag, lol.

Beth22

If you Google "donate ostomy supplies," options will pop up. I can't remember the name of one of them I found. Also, you can look into donating to homeless shelters as well.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,592 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cplumber

You can donate them to ostomy211.org.

Audrey Warren

Find a local support group and give surplus to them. My group has a connection getting them to Ukraine.

Ben38

GoogleJacobs wishing well for their address contact details. It's a UK charity that accepts unused ostomy supplies and donates them to Ukraine and other third-world countries.

Or if you have a local I.A group, most of them will gladly accept ostomy products too and post them overseas to third-world countries.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister