Does anyone suffer from ileus

Replies
Views
Catlaw2
Jul 30, 2023 3:03 pm

Does anyone suffer from ileus

CrappyColon
Jul 30, 2023 3:05 pm

I had a bad one...do you have one right now?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Catlaw2
Jul 30, 2023 3:13 pm
Reply to CrappyColon

I have all the time! ;Lots of ER visits due to severe pain. I've had lots surgeries and complications. The pump me full pain meds, bowl rest then home after couple days. Oral pain meds make me deathly ill.

CrappyColon
Jul 30, 2023 3:43 pm
Reply to Catlaw2

Do you have a GI Dr?

Hisbiscus
Jul 30, 2023 9:28 pm

Do you currently have an Ostomy? I had ileus prior to my Ostomy and it was horrible!! I could barely eat and lost lots of weight. The hospital I Was going to was doing nothing!!!! The ER visits I'd always show backed up and ileus but they kept telling me to get to GI doc but I already had one who said she wasn't doing any anything ;further but more laxatives and reglan . Oh and I won't forget being sent to a psychologist for ileus!!!! I went on like that for 4 years until I finally went to Cleveland clinic. They gave ;me an Ostomy and no issues.
I did get a bigger ileus after one of my surgeries that kept me in the hospital for 30 days with an NG tube.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Play
ron in mich
Jul 31, 2023 1:01 pm

Hi all i use to have blockages until 5yrs. ago i had resection surgery and old stoma removed and a portion of my small intestine due to crohns causing scarring leading to blockages, my stoma went from like a soda straw to a garden hose and now i can eat a hardy meal and not just soups or yogurts like before surgery.