Great Fishing Experience at Mouse Hole Fishery in Kent

Replies
Views
johnbaxter1952

I had my colorectal surgery on 9th May 2023. Slowly I've got back to doing all the things I enjoy including going fishing. I was nervous about this as the toilet facilities at some fisheries leave a lot to be desired. However, my first trip was to Mouse Hole fishery near Maidstone in Kent, https://mouseholelakes.co.uk/ proved to be a very pleasant surprise.

I can really recommend this venue. It is superbly maintained with good pathways to each of the lakes. There is a small cafe, which serves the usual selection of bacon/sausage/egg rolls and breakfasts. The fishing is good with two specimen lakes and a mixed lake. I fished the mixed lake and caught eleven roach during the morning on float-fished sweetcorn. Then switched to a method feeder and caught four good carp, the largest was just touching 10lb (honest). But, more importantly to us the toilet facilities were excellent. It was clean and spacious with everything we could need.

Justbreathe

Love that you are getting back to what you love to do! Jb

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

Good to see another ostomate out fishing. You guys over there love your carp fishing, here they are a trash fish that hardly anyone chases even though they are everywhere. 🤷‍♂️ I've caught a few over the years and they are a great fighting fish and pretty decent on the table too. Hope you keep reeling them in.

Morning glory

I am glad you are getting back to doing the things you enjoy.

johnbaxter1952
Reply to Justbreathe

Thank you

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
johnbaxter1952
Reply to AlexT

Thank you.

Carp is seldom eaten here as most are caught in pleasure lakes and then returned unharmed. As they live in still water, I suspect they wouldn't taste too good. I have heard of carp caught in rivers being eaten, not sure how pleasant an experience that was.

It was a really special day to be out fishing again. The weather was beautiful as was the venue.

HarryD

Had my total colostomy one week ago today and looking forward to getting back to fishing. I used to fish a few times a week when I was well, but have not been able to go since January 1st, nine months ago. Glad you got to get out and catch some.