A funny little tidbit

Replies
Views
7dragonflies.hm

Good morning y'all. Is everyone's little buddy behaving this morning? Hmmm? I wanted to share something that cracked me up. Yesterday my son turned 12 and he has been so good with all of this bag stuff, always trying to make me feel better about it (when I first showed him, knowing I couldn't/shouldn't hide it from him), he very matter of factly looked for a minute and says profoundly "Ok. Ok, I've seen worse". Now I know good and well he never has, but it was so precious. Anyway, on to the funny part. We were watching a movie last night when ol Stuey (that's what I've named mine) decided to pipe up and say something. πŸ™„ My son whips his head over and looks at me, eyes agog and starts coughing loudly to create a diversion. I laughed so hard! My little bestie looking out for me as always! πŸ˜‚πŸ₯°

Beachboy

Hey 7Dragonflies,

I was in the hospital, just had my colostomy put in. My wife was visiting. She was a little unhappy seeing me with the stoma. Suddenly the stoma lets loose.... long and loud. I jumped and exclaimed "whoa...Whoa, WHOA!" If I could.. I would've pooped my pants. I told my wife "get the nurse."

Of course....all that gas is normal. But experiencing it for the first time.. priceless.

Give your son a hug for us.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

Great support from a 12-year-old - sounds like you are a well-loved mom! So good to hear in today's world - keep up the great work with bonding and open communications! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

bowsprit

He is a very good boy.

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Beachboy

Haaaaa! I just saw the whole thing play out and could just about hear you saying whoa just by how you wrote it! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Quite the introduction it made to your wife, I might add!

And I'll do it, thank you for that hug to him, he'll like it.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Justbreathe

Thank you so much. I'm richly blessed with him, he has a heart of gold and an old soul. ❀️❀️πŸ₯°

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to bowsprit

Thank you, I think so too, sweet little guy. 😍πŸ₯³

Morning glory

What a great son you have. He is very mature for his age. Hugs

TerryLT

Your son sounds like a peach! Kids are always honest and his reaction was priceless. Yes, you are lucky to have such a great kid, but something tells me that was no accident! Keep up the good work.

Terry

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Morning glory

Thanks Morning Glory, hugs to you too!

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to TerryLT

Thank you so much, sweet of you to say such. πŸ€—

CrappyColon

My son is 13 and my daughter is 12. When they were able to come visit me, my son asked multiple times while we were walking around if he could see my stoma. My daughter didn't want to look, but after he said it wasn't that bad, curiosity won and she looked too. My son is so proud he can tell people he's seen small intestine β€˜outside of the body'. He was the one more interested in how everything worked, but my poor daughter always happened to be the only one home with me when something would go wrong and I'd be yelling for her to grab x, y, z. She probably knows more about changing an ileostomy than some medical professionals. Your son sounds like a really good kid 😊

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to CrappyColon

Oh, your kids sound too cute! Well hey...maybe your daughter will grow up to be a nurse, seeing as how she's had so much experience. Heck, your son too for that matter. That or they'll run fast the other way, lol! It's adorable to me that they don't think differently of us, we're still mama. πŸ’•

CrappyColon
Reply to 7dragonflies.hm

My colorectal surgeon said, "Hey, maybe my son will be a colorectal surgeon because he said he wanted to find a cure for what happened to me. I'm interested to see what my daughter will end up doing after I survive raising her πŸ˜† You're right though, they see us as mom first and don't let a condition define us."

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to CrappyColon

Now, how precious is that... wants to find a cure for what happened to you. 😍

Daveyj
Reply to Beachboy

Brilliant, has the makings of a fine young man.
Well done son.πŸ‘

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Daveyj

Thank you very, very much. πŸ™Œ

warrior

too cute. but fair warningπŸ˜‰.

as a young boy, i was fasinated by taking things apart.. and trying to fix them.

i'm a full time car mechanic now..but as a kid. duct tape.. screw driver and hammer " fixed it" all...

careful him being 12..wanting to " cure" you..asking " mom?....πŸ”¨βœ‚οΈπŸ©Ή

Β