Charmin

Replies
Views
Mysterious Mose

Here in the U.S., many companies have made an effort to be inclusive in their commercials, a practice I support. However, I think it is time for Charmin to follow suit. Enough of the silly bears wiggling their butts. How about an ostomate? Or maybe give Papa or Mama Bear a bag and tout Charmin's absorption that way. After all, who uses more toilet paper than we do? So, enough of the wiggles! Bring in the bags! :-)

Daniel

eefyjig

Yes! One of the marketing lines should be, "Strong enough to rip off a square with your teeth when your hands are busy doing other things!" (Of course I'm talking about cleaning out our bags!)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mysterious Mose
Reply to eefyjig

😂😂😂

Happytostillbehere

When I first got my ostomy, I figured I was done with toilet paper. No more worrying about toilet paper shortages! Little did I know. 🤣

Beachboy

Yep... first few times I emptied my bag... forgot to position tissue or paper towels within reach.

An ostomy nurse once warned me not to use toilet paper on my stoma, paper towels only (wetted with water first). He said tissue paper can stick to the stoma, and good luck removing it.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Justbreathe

Commercials are annoying enough.  Having to look at my stoma and bag several times a day and occasionally in the night, I'm not sure I want to be reminded of it in a commercial.  They could drop the “enjoy the go” though! 🙄

AlexT

I go through a roll about every 2 weeks. Do you guys use more?

eefyjig
Reply to AlexT

Oh yeah, Ileo here. Big difference.

mild_mannered_super_hero
Reply to AlexT

I can remember when we didn't have toilet paper, the procedure back then was red corn cob, followed by a white corn cob (to see if you need an additional red cob), finish the whole thing off with a page from the Sears and Roebuck catalog. The page from the catalog must first be crinkled up by vigorous crumpling……

Beachboy

No wonder Sears went belly up....

AlexT
Reply to Beachboy

More like Sears went down the shitter. 🤭

Justbreathe
Reply to Happytostillbehere

Yep - Ostomates were probably the originators of the run on toilet paper during Covid.

I use the term “run” loosely…..🤭

IGGIE

I only use tissues when cleaning the end of the bag, and I use Chucks wipes for cleaning around the stoma with very warm water . I cut them into 50mm x 50mm 2"x 2". Look to the right on the shelf; they are the Chucks.

Mysterious Mose
Reply to AlexT

My ileostomy has me using about a roll a week. I use 4-6 sheets every time I empty, and I empty about 6-8 times a day. To borrow from IGGIE, eat a lot, shit a lot. :-)

Daniel;

Mysterious Mose
Reply to mild_mannered_super_hero

My grandfather always kept a Sears and Roebuck catalog in the outhouse. It was something that he grew up with. I was never tempted to use it. I don't think he did either, but I never asked him. My grandparents didn't talk shit. :-))

Daniel

Mysterious Mose
Reply to IGGIE

I usually pull a 4-sheet section and fold it twice. I then add about 75 ml of water to the contents, mix it up a bit, and let it go into the toilet. I use the folded sheets to press out remaining stuff, fold the sheets again, and add another 75 ml of water (being careful not to backwash onto the stoma and adhesive), if necessary. I then repeat the squeeze and fold the paper again and shove it into the opening and swish to try and dislodge any stubborn chunks. I do use flushable wipes sometimes if I mess the outside a bit. But, my wife does not like me using them because I cannot convince her that they are not going to clog the sewage system. So, I compromise by using them only when needed. :-)

Daniel

AlexT
Reply to Mysterious Mose

I just add warm water to fill it up and leave just enough room to fold up the end and close it. Swish it around for a few seconds, kneel, and empty as the toilet water is going down. Wipe with a piece of toilet paper and finish with a flushable wet wipe. I use only wet wipes at work because the toilet paper they have is a pain to use. 🤷‍♂️

TerryLT
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Your wife is right, Daniel. Those so-called flushable wipes really shouldn't be flushed. I use the non-flushable kind, and so I realize I'm contributing more to the landfill, but it sure makes my life easier. I do go through a lot of toilet paper, using a three-sheet section a couple of times to clean out the end of the pouch, and then a wet wipe to finish cleaning the outside, so I'm only using one per empty, but I do empty a lot throughout the day and night. I just wouldn't feel like things are clean enough finishing with plain toilet paper.

Terry

Mysterious Mose
Reply to TerryLT

Well, I will agree that using flushable wipes in bunches can cause problems in septic systems or old sewage lines. Neither of those are an issue where we live. Plus, I had the entire sewage line scoped to the road when we bought this house 4+ years ago. It is in good shape. So, what, me worry? Nah. :-))

Daniel

Rose Bud 🌹
Reply to AlexT

Yep, Alex and I go more often. I'm on a roll every 4 days with the good stuff. 🤨

Beachboy

Charmin commercials show bears in a house getting excited about the "go."

Haven't we all heard when talking about something obvious: "Does a bear shit in the woods?"

Rose Bud 🌹
Reply to Beachboy

Maybe they're doing a remake of Goldilocks and the Three Bears 🤷🏻‍♀️

Beachboy

Instead of porridge, it's toilet paper.

Baby bear says to mommy bear: "My roll is just right." Incensed, he got hosed with the rough roll. Poppa bear tears out the toilet. Tidy bowl man drowns.