Turkey or Sides?

Replies
Views
crappycolondiaries

All right, fess up y’all, are you more a turkey or sides person? And if sides, which are your favorites? 😃

Morning glory

I love turkey and dressing. I don't  care if there is anything else lol.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Top 5 Collections
DexieB

SIDES.  Mashed potatoes and gravy, and stuffing.  That is 98% of my plate every year, LOL!  

14jax71

I will eat the turkey and all the sides, but I would put stuffing on the plate first. 

Nini4

I am a turkey and stuffing person. Just a little over 4 weeks post op, I  so tired of mashed potatoes.  HA!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
xnine

Got to save room for desserts.

kittybou

Anything I don't have to cook! 

crappycolondiaries
Reply to Nini4

I graduated to soft foods on T-giving last year. The fam timed me, it took over 2 hours for me to eat a little plate of food 😂 I’d already been in the hospital an xtra week and begged to get home to my kids a couple days early, so I didn’t want anything to send me back to the hospital 😝

Beachboy

Last year at Thanksgiving I was in the hospital.... on clear liquid only diet.  Nurse gave me a Tums for something to chew on.

This year its Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes with gravy.  I'm not much of a stuffing guy.  Only stuffing for me will be dessert... I'll be stuffing it in.  I don't need a fork... gimme a funnel.

Ostomy4life_22

Everything. I’m just a chunky like that lol

Cplumber

I love to do the cooking, Got to have a little turkey but sides are where it’s at topped off by mashed potatoes, gravy and rutabaga, green bean casserole. Ahhhhh 

Justbreathe

Justbreathe

ron in mich

Hi all i do a little bit of everything but gotta leave room for pie, banana cream, and a steaming hot cup of coffee.

Mysterious Mose

Neither here. I wait for the Goldstein Family Pecan Pie, a recipe I got from a fellow I knew on Usenet oh so many years ago. Made with maple syrup rather than molasses. Yum! :=)

Daniel

Morning glory

I can tell pretty much what part of the country you're  from on whether you say stuffing or dressing. Lol. Most Southerners say dressing. Stuffing only if you put it inside "stuff" the turkey.

crappycolondiaries
Reply to xnine

I eat desserts first now otherwise I’m too full to enjoy them 😁

Beachboy

Some say the electric light bulb is the greatest invention.  Others mention the car, penicillin, airplane.   Nope.

It's......ELASTIC 

crappycolondiaries
Reply to Morning glory

Even when we stopped stuffing the stuffing we kept calling it stuffing 🤷‍♀️

MoeMoe

Stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy!! 

At a time to give thanks, I am so thankful for all of you and for this site! May this Thanksgiving fill your hearts with peace and bellies with good eats! Cheers! 

Justbreathe
Reply to crappycolondiaries

We used to celebrate…  “Pie Night”…. Wednesday night before Thanksgiving.   Friends would get together and everyone would bring a favorite pie.  Lot’s o’ fun sampling all the different family favorites and the resulting sugar high oh my !  Thence lethargy set in and some of us still had some preparations to do for Thanksgiving day.  After about 3 seasons we abandoned that sugar madness idea.   Many of the group moved away and although we no longer gather we are all still in touch.  Thanksgiving’s have become less celebratory in terms of partying - however good friends and fond memories are another thing to be thankful for these day.

This year we spent Thanksgiving with our daughter and son-in-law - quiet and peaceful.  Their only request was I bring my skillet apple pie.  Upon our early arrival and a pie freshly baked and still warm and still  2 hours before dinner -  I proclaimed -  “let’s have pie first !”  Turned out to be a very popular idea and quite possibly this may become a new family tradition.  Reminds me of one of my very favorite sayings ……..

LIFE  IS  SO  UNPREDICTABLE- LETS EAT THE COOKIES FIRST ❤️

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.