This site's chat room

In this discussion
Replies
Views
cokacoil

It really annoys me that the only thing that lets this site down is the Chat Room. I think we should make some noise to get something like a pop up so that when you're elsewhere in the site everyone knows when someone has gone in. I, for one, would go because it might just be someone who is scared, confused, or just needs to chat with another ostomate. It's too damned slow to chat using the forums - it gets... tedious! We are from around the globe - it's the 21st century!! I'm sure that we could muster up a dozen or so people to chat almost all the time. So reply and see if we can get a new toy!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

sweede

Go girl.......Whooop whooop!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
winnie

I am new to this site. I was really disappointed to see that no one uses the chat room. It would be nice to see the chat up and running.

weewee

I agree with all the hosties out there, and they give a free chat room, but nobody is ever in there.

orca15

I agree too. I would like to chat with others and share experiences as an ostimate.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

I've been in the chatroom a few times. I see a person already in there, but as I pop in, the other person magically disappears. I'm alone again. No fun!

Past Member

Sorry, last one! 6000 views of the six chatroom threads. You'd think it would be busier. JLV

tarababy

Ok, well on the chatroom....and I have been on this site for a couple of years now, I think.....The chatroom has never changed....it says there's someone there, but they leave when you enter....it's slow.....vvvveeeerrryyyyy slooowwww......hehehehe...but seriously folks, I found that the time made a huge difference and a big impact on who could chat and when they could chat...for example; here in Australia, Cairns right now it's 5:51am on Tuesday 4th. (And I'm only up due to a leaky bag). And I'm guessing it's about 2pm on Monday in the Denver area right now. If you're wanting to chat with only USA people, well that's all the better, roughly same day anyway...lol.. I rather like the new private chat that you can get on here..but that only works if the other person wants to chat with you...Good luck in finding people..I'd go there if I saw more than one invisible dude.....cheers Tara