Stop Watching This Topic

In this discussion
Replies
Views
christiesdad
How do I stop getting these e-mail notifications "someone commented on dh's blog"? I can't find the "stop watching"message". Is driving me nuts and clogging up my epmail
I don't want to put a block on my e-mail.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gutenberg
Hi there old buddy, I can certainly empathize with you, I just went and counted out 22 of those messages. Take heart my friend I just got a cute joke that I'll be posting in a few minutes, Gute
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill
I only get these types of messages when I have ticked the box marked  " notify me when a reply is posted". I'm not sure how to stop it after that. However, most of the posts do not attract that many replies and eventually they will stop.  I just use the 'delete' button!

Best wishes  Bill
christiesdad
Yeah,
But it used to be that a message,"stop watching this topic" would pop up . click on it and it stopped.

It is, I must admit, a quicker way to get into the forum though!!
Primeboy
You may want to consider using several different email accounts, each for a different purpose. I have one account for professional communications, another for social, and a third for ostomates. We are switching internet providers (Comcast to Verizon), and I may set up even another account for business/sales. There is a time and place for everything and this use of several email accounts does all the presorting. If it sounds a bit anal, it is; but it works for me. PB

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mrs.A
Hello Everyone, If you look at the top right of this topic you will see it says "watch this topic" I would guess you have to go to the topics that you may of clicked on to stop the watch... I was also told if you respond with a post to a topic you will get notifications when ever anyone posts as well. Hope this helps.
christiesdad
Sounds like you got the right idea, Prime.

Gotta try that.
Primeboy
CD, you can also set up accounts with different providers. I hear that gmail is what all the young folks are using because it's free and connects with other media. If you have the time, try experimenting. Our old email accounts are rapidly becoming wheelybins. PB
moonshine
When you open up your email from ostomymates.......scroll al the way down to the end of page....there will be a link to "unsuscribe" and stop getting the notifications