Mooza off to Malaysia. Anyone want to meet up? Cheers

In this discussion
Replies
Views
mooza

Hey everyone, I am off to Malaysia. Anyone want to catch up? Also, has anyone got any important tips on this country? Much appreciated. Going to Malaysia for 8 days from 7 October. Anyone coming on their own or just to meet? Anyone know how to say hello in Malay or thank you? Cheers to all! Mare XXXXXXXXX

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Well mare, have a great trip....and don't forget the photos. Will you just be sightseeing or???? Have fun!!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
tarababy

Hey there Mooza, good luck on your trip....lucky girl!!, about time too hey. Hope you have better luck than me in finding someone to say hi to..... Anyway, for whatever reason you're going, have a ball.. oh, yeah that's right .. look who I'm talking to .. the party animal.. hehehehe.. wanna hear all about it when you get back..... later girl... P.S Thanks for the tip about looking to the left first... thought of you every time I had to cross a road.... Tara

mooza

Thanks, my two buddies. I am just off for a couple of weeks to K.L. and Lankowie in Malaysia. Glad you survived, Tara. I will email you ASAP. Mare xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

junopete

Have a good trip. If you are considering going off the beaten track, go to your doctor and tell him you are going out of the country and you would like a few antibacterial pills in case you drink some bad water or food. If you do get sick, you will be glad you had them. I have gotten very sick in South America, Russia, and Indonesia (sp). We were doing exploratory commercial fishing and got contaminated water from small villages.
It wasn't that the water was bad, it just had bugs in it that we were not used to.

Watch out for the cannibals and pirates! Just kidding.

Rick.....

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
WAB
Enjoy your trip

Ahh is a marvellous country..I lived in Kuala Lumpur for three years....you will love K.L. as is one of the greenest cities in S.E. Asia......and is a mix of old and new...the Brits left a good infastructure....and well the architecture is outstanding....

check out the train station......Chinese market...Batu Caves.... ..food is mixed there as well is a country of three distinct cultures...Malay food is quite hot and spicey...Indian..well you had better like hot Curry....Chinese is not like anywhere else.....and also is spicey and hot........Dress appropriately as well is a Muslim country............Drugs of any sort are a no no and well....you will have the announcement when you arrive by plane............all in all the people are friendly and helpful and English is spoken everywhere......... Is very safe

......make sure you take plenty of supplies with you ( as is very humid and very hot...plus it usually rains everyday at around 4) and speak to your doctor about taking pills for any mishaps if you happen to catch a bug.......as well diarehea can be quite viloent there..drink only bottled water......and avoid food stalls if you can...........Malaria is under control there...
and you should not have to worry unless you go in to the jungle....make sure you have hepatitus..protection ( A and B) as well .....can be easily tranferred.....by food.......chop sticks..communal eating......very important.......

I hope you get to see more than just K.L. as well Langawai is marvellous..Penang also.....I had the good fortune to be sailing around these water..from Hong Kong to Thailand...........and well the country is Not Kuala Lumpur........

If you are careful in what you eat ..you should have no problems...ahh try some exotic fruits..Rambutan...Durian..and a mango there is like no other...if you love flowers Orchids are plentiful.......and well I am sure you know they are the largest rubber producer and are known for their pewter........I worked in design and be careful what you buy in the way of bright clothes..as well the tropic sun can tolerate these colors...they do not work well in other climates.......

You will enjoy it for sure..........

Bon Voyage

WAB