Rectal Pressure

Replies
Views
pitterpatter

Is it normal to feel pressure in the rectum after J pouch surgery? They tell me I have a fistula or opening between the intestine and vagina, but nothing is draining through it and it should close on its own.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Since you have no replies, I think it's very common to have "phantom pains" almost like you need to have a poo after ostomy surgery. I know I had these for a year or so after mine.
Is this what you are feeling? I have no experience with a J pouch...hopefully someone who does will give you a better response.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,317 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SORCHIA

My pressure started about 2 months after surgery when a black or deep green ropey stuff came out. The doctor did a CT scan but didn't find anything. That was in 2010, and that was also the last time I saw a doctor. Now in 2013, the pressure means that blood and liquid feces are about to come pouring out of me. I can't control it and have very little warning. If I sit relatively still for a week, it slows down and eventually stops after large amounts of clots come out. When it smells like a rotting carcass, I take antibiotics I get from a fish store. Some of us can't see a doctor, all that counts is survival. My youngest child is 10. If stuff starts coming out and you can see a doctor, do it. I live in constant fear of bleeding out.