Chatroom & Rude & Ignorant People

Replies
Views
tarababy

Just like to say, if people are going to go into the chat room... be nice, okay? Can't stand rude people... last time I do that.

Past Member

Good girl for speaking out!!! No one should put up with that, that is baloney!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

vulcanBMk2

I must admit that I have never had any problems with people on this site's chat room (when I can find anyone in there).

However, some sites I go on have the most rude, self-centered, sanctimonious, tosspot, a++holes I have ever come across.

After shooting them down and making them look stupid, I tend to lose interest, so with a very pleasant F++K OFF!!.....I disappear into the Ether.................

Past Member
Hi, new to this. Interested in chatting with people.
tarababy

Maybe it's just me, as it just happened again....sat in there waiting, someone comes in and I say hi..then they leave without a word...so nope...not doing chat anymore...will do private chat..but that's it..enough is enough..seems the more we get on this site....the ruder more stuck-up they get...I'll stick to the ones I know from now on..thanks for the support guys...

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Hey T, remember sometimes the public chat doesn't work correctly. Lots of times I log on and whoever it says is in there immediately leaves....which tells me there is a glitch in the system...... Who could resist a chat with someone as charming as me?????

vulcanBMk2

Talk to me -- Talk to me -- I'm also charming -- Ye Har!! ; I'm also a raconteur, playboy, man about town, astronaut, soldier of fortune all-round good egg!! -------- Well, that's my opinion..... Oh, I'm also very modest... LOL

tarababy
Well Pete, if you were in the chatroom, I would talk to you, and you also G, and I know the glitches you're talking about.... it has a really long delay period.... But I am talking about being in there, people come in and maybe because I'm not who they expect there, the response isn't what I expect. The last one left without a word - and I had sat there waiting for half an hour to talk to anyone... But that's me, I WILL talk to ANYONE... Hey, not to worry... I'll still give the chatroom a go now and then, never know, might find you guys in there one day. ,
Past Member

Hey Tara... yeah, others have had the same problems with the Chatroom glitches... myself included... that is why I gave up on it. Maybe they will get the bugs worked out of that problem one day.

Past Member

Hey Pete... here in Kentucky it's called a ring-tailed twister... and I agree, you are quite charming!!!!    Personally, I gave up on the public chat here... I am too slow at typing to keep up    if there are even a few chatters in there!!    
tarababy

You guys crack me up!!!! Glad you're both here..

tarababy

Ok, seems woundeddoe's last comment never made it here...just like to say it's been wonderful having you here, girl. There are some who will miss you terribly, you know. Thank you for your beautiful self and your wise words. Good luck in your future... mwah!!!!!!!.... Tara

janice

I'm in there now. Just signed in. Immediately SouthernOntario signed off. Must be the system?

Past Member
Hi Tarababy,
I don't often go in the chatroom but when I do, it kicks me out after a short while, so if I am having a chat, I suppose I could look rude. But I wouldn't go without saying bye first given the chance.
It's the reason why I don't go in there often. I guess that happens to others too, after all, why go in there if you don't want to chat?
As it's been a while, I might try it again later, see if it's any better.
Poppt Red
janice

It was a good time in the chat room last night with tarababy and brooklyn. Hopefully we'll see more people in there!

Past Member

Lol....it's hard not to have a good time with Miss T......she's quite witty and clever and a great asset to this forum. I can remember when I first joined here, she was the only one who would say anything!!! Well, this place has grown and we have a few more great people on here  who aren't afraid to speak out!!!  So let's not forget the "faithful few" who kept this place interesting....you know who you are. Bravo!!
Past Member
Tara,

Deep breath, deep breath, and relax...

I must say I don't go in the chat room as more often than not there are tumbleweeds rolling, may just be my timing.

I have noticed this elsewhere before, I think we are all made a little different and for some, there is a huge leap of faith to be made.

Suggest a party in the chat room, all comers all welcome, bring a few cans, your worst jokes at a pre-set time and date? This might have legs, not sure. Time issues worldwide might be an issue, as I type it's Thursday 2000hrs in the UK, which would make it lunchtime Monday in Oz!

Is there a forum post to pop in and say hi first? I haven't found one, alas I can be a Dilbert.

But I share a view if you make the effort to load a profile, you are missing a trick not to pop up, say hi, and get a benefit from the site and meet a good and jolly group of like-minded people.

And on that note, hello one and all, I am Neil!.
tarababy

Thanks Janice, yes it was a fun chat we all had...Let me just add that yes I know the room has a few glitches as G calls them..and yes I can understand about getting cut off, all taken into consideration..But I'm sure you know what I mean when you get a bad vibe with who you're talking to..or how they are actually responding to you..Gut feeling I guess, but it's all good guys...Just wanted to mention it at the time, another knee-jerk reaction....Also, G, you're a very special guy yourself. You yourself have given me a boost when I needed it and also a good kick up the bum when needed...If not for you, I wouldn't be here...And on another note, glad I can be of any use, whether it only be to make you all laugh with the jokes and maybe forget your ailments/troubles for a little while...That was my very first intention..came on here and saw all the despair and sorrow and hurt and had to help the only way I know how...make a joke..there is "JUST FOR LAUGHS". Then, well it kind of snowballed from there......I love this site and I love the way you get respect on here...and also the odd disagreement...Anyhowww...got a visitor, better get going....thanks guys for all the love and support....MWAHHHH!!!!

Past Member
Hi guys,

I think I have talked to most of you in the chatroom. About 6 weeks ago, one quiet Saturday night, I posted here quite a few times about the chatroom. Honestly, I got tired of waiting in there night after night.

So I thought as a last-ditch effort we should have a meeting in there on a Saturday night. It's that time now and because I didn't give you any notice, how about next Saturday night, October 3? That's World Ostomy Day! Let me know what you think.

Let's meet at 9pm, which would be about noon in the UK and much earlier in the US and Canada.

Cheers, Julie
Past Member

Tried to enter the chat room on the date and time specified, Julie, but it's not letting me in!

Hope you had a happy Ostomy Day!

Cheers,

Jo

janice

I was at a wedding last night. Sorry I missed you!

Past Member

Geez... I always cry at weddings... Well, at least at mine anyhow. Ever wonder why "married" and "buried" rhyme so well...

cagabolsa
I know where you're coming from, Tarababy. I have entered many chatrooms hoping I could find people to share information with about things I was interested in. I've been on the internet since it became public, so I'm talking about half of my life basically.
No matter where I entered, I found utterly rude, ignorant, stupid, badly educated, racist, chauvinist, horrible people. Swearing and cursing at each other about stupid things.
One of the most stunning experiences I ever had was on a forum about contemporary jazz. You would expect people to chat about ............. yes ... Jazz. But no, they were preparing a "virtual coffee". Believe it or not, but it's true. I followed the b++++lucks conversation for a while, then launched some questions about Jazz (which were ignored) and then asked them what the F++++ they were doing in this Jazz Chatroom. Well, I was sent to Kingdom Come by everyone in a very rude manner.
So, after this experience, I also gave up (feeling very disappointed).
I'm glad that we now have forums like this one, where we can communicate with "normal" people.
But hey, what's normal? Everybody I meet here has a baggy......LOL.
I think it's great. Instead of pissing and moaning, we can cheer up fellow ostomates and help them to have a more positive look on life with a baggy. It's always better to have a baggy on your belly than to have your belly in a body bag, isn't it?

I really would like to visit the lucky country where I grew up, and I've told my precious Roch that I would love to take her there. If we do, you will be on our V.I.P. list. And by Gully, we both love lamb. So prepare your BBQ and a couple of Aussie Sandwiches and make sure we've got a 4 XXXX comin' on. Fairdinkum babe.

Cheers, Richard