Hyperbaric Treatment

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Zywie
Anyone out there had this done? I'm suppose to start it on Monday.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

cornwallp
Hi, Not done this, but please can you let me know how you get on, there are some very good reports about this. I have had a serious interest in oxygen therapy for many years and use 3% hydrogen peroxide as an antiseptic. Lots on the web about this - good and bad.

Worth looking at the following website.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psychology/health_psychology/oxygen.htm#Why%20All%20The%20Excitement?:

Regards P
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member
I have had this. what are you having it for?
Zywie
Hello cornwallp: Yes I will post back here at some point. I'm suppose to have 30 treatments, recheck, if not healed possibly surgery at that time, then about 30 + more treatments. I will look at the site, thanks.

Hello Sin: I had this colostomy done last July, they cut out my anus and rectum, not suppose to have a butt hole anymore, now I have a bigger one than before, with new problems because it came apart and won't heal. (Kind of brings a new meaning to the phrase "tear you a new one" ).

I was wondering if there were any really bad things I can expect since everything else I was told was a piece of cake and it wasn't.The doctor did tell me it may not work, I may have to have stents put in my ears, and there is a very slim possibility it could puncture a lung.
Past Member
the treatment is done in a specially pressurized tank, which is why you might need stents. the lung puncture is new to me.

but for the most part it is pretty easy. you just lay there for 2 hours. it's also every day, or at least M-F, which can make it easier.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Zywie
Thanks for the info, Sin. How's the gaming going ?
Past Member
Zywie, i don't game too frequently, unless you had something in mind...
jodelin

I had hyperbarik treatments, 40 of them. I went into the tube. A bit scary at first but it does go by fast if they have a tv on the outside you can view. I would sleep after I got used to it. And it did help me heal temporarily but my skin felt great. It was awesome.

I had to eat tons to not lose weight during that time. Apparently it is a lot of work 'diving' as they call it.

Good luck

Zywie

Thanks for the info jodelin..I could definitely stand to lose a few pounds. But I did not have the treatments. It was going to cost me a fortune going back and forth to the hospital every week and they could not even give me a 50 percent chance it would work. They said it's because of the radiation I had for the cancer that caused cell damage so that area is not healing like it would on someone that did not have radiation. It was probable I'd have to have surgery after two months of hyperbaric then about 6 more months of hyberbaric after that.... so, figure, on a lucky week, 100 bucks for gas for all that time with no guarantees. I was born a poor white girl :) ;- (that's a take off a Steve Martin movie so please don't get your panties in a bunch anyone). I've been to so many doctors, hospitals, etc. etc. for the past 5 or 6 years telling me this will fix it, that will fix it, and usually end up with something else to fix. So decided to let nature deal with this even if it takes a few years. Again, thanks for the input. If anyone else out there has had them, please let us know your experience. I'm sure there are others that might be interested in this treatment.