Hey

Replies
Views
Irjosh

Not a payed member. Just was interested in the info you talked about before. Bci somtning. Not sure.

Past Member

Hi Josh--The procedure you are asking about is the BCIR. Barnett Continent Intestinal Resevoir. It is an option for those who cannot have or do not want a j pouch, but do not want an ileostomy bag on the outside of the body. A J pouch is considered the gold standard, because if all goes well, you are resected and use the bathroom the same way you did in the past. However, many people cannot have a j pouch for a multitude of reasons, and the BCIR becomes a good alternative if ;getting the bag gone is your biggest concern. Palms of Pasadena in St. Petersburg, Fla. is where I got my information and they are more than willing to send you a packet in the mail all about the procedure. Susan Kay is the administrator that you will want to talk1-727-341-7706or 1-800-336-0789. CALL HER. Then, on tuesday, Sept 6th they will have an open chat room at 8 pm EST Log on around 7:30 pm through their web site BCIR.com and you can ask previous patients, the nurses, and the surgeons questions you may have that will supplement the data and disc that they will send you. I can tell you are miserable over the bag, and this MAY be a solution for you.. They accept pretty much all insurance and your emotional agony is almost a given for approval, but if you only have one insurance and are responsible for a portion of your care, it can be costly. CHECK IT OUT anyway. It may help.

Peace

Nancy

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.