Problem using two devices to sign on to MAO

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Primeboy

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. Most of the time I use my desktop downstairs to sign onto MAO. Sometimes, however, I use my Ipad upstairs to do the same. I always log out from whatever device I use. In recent weeks I am finding that when I open up the website, I discover that I am aleady signed in when I know I definitely signed out the last time I visited. This problem gets aggravitated when folks think I am here and try to contact me either in the Chat Room or by private message and they get no response. I am sure we have all visited this site and reached out unsuccessfully to people who may not be here because they are unresponsive. I suspect this problem occurs when multiple computers are at play. Do we need to log out using both devices? ;(Didn't Hillary have 13 Blackberries and look ather messy situation.) I hope the Admin might take a minute to see why there are so many folks still logged in but actualy not here. It's definitely more than forgetting to log out. The new comer to Chat who finds lots of names listed but does not get any responses will be naturally disappointed and may reach unhappy conclusions about our membership. Yes, we have bigger things to worry about in this world, but it would be nice to know who is really here. Thanks ;for listening to my constructive kvetching.

PB

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello PB. I sometimes get this and I only use one computer for logging on and off. I am particularly pernickety about making sure I log off for the very reasons you refer to.  Interestingly, I also always wait for the screen to change and let me know that I have logged off so I figured it must be a quirk in the system.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
ron in mich

hi pb i have given up on chat whenever i go in there i see the green dot by the person so i assume they are there but never get a response when i say hi, so now i just read the stories and respond if interested or log out.

iMacG5

Hey guys, I also have wondered what those green dots or green quarter-moons meant.  I don't use the iPad anymore and always need to log in to use the site.  

Just for additional security or a result of paranoia I've gotten into the habit of "quitting" my browser after visiting any site.  I had numerous offers to clean my computer for free if I paid the $39.99 or whatever.  They make it very easy to lock us into stuff we never wanted.

Logging out and quitting Safari,

Mike

mild_mannered_super_hero

i assume that all our members here know that when you log on to the site, it automatically logs you into the chat room. this causes a little confusion if you visit the chat room and get no replies to a message. just remember that just because you see someone "in the chat" that doesnt mean they are "really" in there. i guess this is just a quirk of the current softwear of the site. the little small "red flag" that displays 3 members in chat is a more reliable indicator of folks actually "in chat" and active. regards. mmsh

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Primeboy

Hi. Thanks for your responses to my inquiry. I am sure the Admin will look into the concerns we raised. I know that for many newer folks here taking the first step here in reaching out to strangers can be truly a giant leap of trust. If anything, we would all agree that the technology behind this communications platform should be user friendly in all respects. Perhaps a brief navigation guide for new users could be established on the home page.

PB

harleyrider

Wow you learn something new every day. I'm not a full member.I've never gone to the chat rooms,mainly because I'm at work and really don't have the time . I type really slow ..lolplus with out ;spell check I'm a goner

I usually just read the blogs and on occasionally respond. I never even knew about the"green dots" till now.

I also know that that a few times I've been surprised that I was still logged on. I make a point of logging off and closing browser since I'm in the office most of the time

Prinmeboy is right " maybe there should be a nav guide for new users

Pat

Primeboy

Come visit us in Chat, Pat, on Thursday evening at 10 pm EST. The good guys are shifting away from the late Friday chats where no one shows to a much more convenient time. Zep will be there to award points for witty or useful contributions to the discussion and everyone can expect to be treated like royalty. Whether you are a green dot or a half moon, step into the parlor. You're one of us.

PB

harleyrider

PB

Sorry in not responding . Only have sad excuses for not doing so. Have been busy and have only logged in for a few quick scans. Meant to join you on thursday nights but never seemed to get there .... Told you ;they were sad.. but true...

Primeboy

Hi Pat,

We'll be there again this Thursday night at 10 EST. Hope you (and everyone else) can make it

John

Angelicamarie

John I thought you had disappeard, I see you are from New Jersey and I am originally from Jc,nj. Are you ok? Angelicamarie