From Comfort to Chaos: Embracing Life's Unexpected Pushes

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

A baby lives in the womb for nine months. The baby is comfortable and doesn't have to do anything. He/she gets food from the mother, gets carried around all day.

Sleeps whenever he/she wants to, it's peaceful and calm and life is good. For a season that's healthy, the baby is growing and maturing, that's the way it's designed.

If the infant stays in the womb too long, he/she outgrows the space. When it comes through the birth canal, it's tight, uncomfortable, and traumatic.

Now all HELL breaks loose! He/she thinks, "What is wrong with mama? Has she lost her mind?" He/she is being pushed, squeezed, and pressured. Finally, he/she comes out and breathes new life.

Using the above as an analogy, it brings me to this point. Before sickness hit, I was in my comfort zone. Then I was pushed because of surgery that changed and saved my life. We all go through different changes after that.

Some are listed below:

Rejected/husband, wife, and lover

Betrayal/Someone whom we thought was a friend

Loss/Someone or something

Persecution

New birth has occurred - yes, a door was closed but another opened. I wouldn't have known my strength. What looked like a disappointment was a birth.

Today is a new day!

Best wishes,

Angelicamarie

Past Member

Great attitude!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Well said, Angel.

Puppyluv56

Great post, Angel! Great analogy!

Pup

Angelicamarie

Weirdnewlife, Mmsh, and Puppyluv... Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Appreciate the support!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
AMrfd

I find it simply amazing at the strengths people can find when they're confronted with a situation like this. Good for you, don't give up. You are worth it.

Morning glory

Very well said Angelicamarie, I think many of us have experienced at least one of the changes listed. Acceptance and a positive attitude is key for healing both body and mind. Thanks for sharing.

Mike crow

You are awesome

Angelicamarie

Morning glory.... Thanks for responding, your comments were much appreciated.

A

Angelicamarie

A Mrfd.. I apologize for not addressing you first, didn't see your comment. Thanks so... much! Remember, you're worth it also...

Angelicamarie

Mike Crow... That's so very kind of you to say... I simply try to support others. Have a great day!

Bagface

Angel, I so enjoy your posts. Thanks for bringing inspiration to so many lives. You understand the true meaning of life: helping others.

Angelicamarie

BagFace... Your kind words are appreciated. Thank you!

Angel