Empowering Performance: 'I'm Standing with You' at ACM Awards

Replies
Views
iMacG5

Watching my DVR version of the ACM awards I was really taken back by Chrissy Metz (and company) performing “I’m Standing with You”. I’m sure it’s a love song but lots of the lyrics could apply to us, what we went through as ostomates or caregivers. Maybe some of us are still going through it but to know someone is there for us at all costs is priceless. For someone to know we’re there for them, however difficult it might be, is certainly wonderful for them and, in a different way, for us. I guess our relationships can be loving even without being in love. Certainly it’s beyond description if the whole package is together.
Just my thoughts.
Mike

Past Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the heads up on "I'm Standing with You", wouldn't have known about it otherwise. Absolutely loved it!

And not necessarily a love song, like with many songs that people think are about romantic love, sometimes they are just about love of fellow man, familial love and love of friends and just life itself. For example, Van Morrison's "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You" is actually about his relationship with God.

The ACM Awards version didn't let me cut and paste from YouTube (copyright laws or some such), but I found the Chrissy Metz version below.

Thanks again,

Jo :-)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
iMacG5

G'day Jo.  I loved your "love" explanation.  Lately I feel like the expression of love, outside of the romantic setting, is scarce and I really miss it.  Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Mike

iMacG5

Hey Jo, after reading my reply I thought I might not have expressed myself properly.  The word "love", IMHO is used way too often.  Too many folks love or hate just about everything.  They actually don't but the words just flow out.  The scarce love I alluded to is that which is offered and felt from empathy, compassion, and just plain caring for each other.

Respectfully,

Mike

Past Member

Hi Mike,

I get the gist of what you were saying and I agree, am guilty of that myself at times, saying I love things when it would be more apt to say I moderately like them!

I just read a quote from Leo Tolstoy which made me think of these posts: "I think if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts."

I am looking forward to seeing the movie Breakthrough that the above song is from, the last movie I went to see was "Us" and now I really need to see something uplifting that doesn't scare the bejesus out of me!

Cheers,

Jo

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
iMacG5

Hi Jo.  Again I'm impressed by your reference to Tolstoy.  I think there are only 14 people on this planet who know anything about him.  The majority of folks today would much sooner quote John Lennon or Mick Jagger.  Thanks for an example of hope.

Mike