USWNT's World Cup Win Inspires Girls Everywhere

Replies
Views
kmedup

Woo-hoo! What a D'eh! Congratulations to the @USWNT on their World Cup win. Your persistence on and off the field inspires girls and women everywhere to dream big, fight hard, and win. #FIFAWWC #OneNationOneTeam

Karen

Angelicamarie

Kmedup: I'm happy for them!!!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

I watched the whole series and must admit that the US team were a cut above the rest and deserved their win. However, I have been watching women's football for some years and have always commented on how entertaining it has been without all the fouling and faking which bedogs the men's game. Unfortunately this world cup series has seen an exponential increase in this unseemly and unsporting behaviour. If it continues like this I will almost certainly revert to watching rugby in future.

Best wishes

Bill 

kmedup

H'eh Bill "et al,"

There is a running joke on this side of the pond about "football." It goes like this: The difference between American/Canadian football and European football (what we call soccer) is that in American/Canadian football ... the players fall down AFTER they are hit.

I think the resounding issue in this big win is that it sheds light on the difference in gender pay equality, not just in football/soccer, but in all sports.

Karen

kmedup

And in continuing with gender equality in a different genre, "Amplify Her" is finally available on Amazon:

• Amazon USA http://bit.ly/AmplifyHerOnAmazonUS
• Amazon Canada http://bit.ly/AmplifyHerOnAmazonCA
• Amazon Australia http://bit.ly/AmplifyHerOnAmazonAu

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Bill

Hello Karen. Gender equality (or inequality) is certainly not confined to pay. It comes in all manner of guises and disguises. In the 1960's I ran two female football teams. The reason for orgainising two teams was that (in those days) women were not allowed to compete against the men, so the two teams had to play against each other. There were no other female teams  to compete against. Noboby got paid and there was just as much 'support' for the women as there was for the men( I suspect that was for the novelty value of the spectacle). Perhaps it's my own perception but in those days there seemed to be very little fouling and certainly no falling down without good reason. Also, at work, I was an honorary member of a 'women's group' who were working towards righting the wrongs of gender inequality. I think they found it useful to have a male advocate to speak (and write) openly about discrimination alongside them on their behalf. 

I could go on-and on about this subject because, in essence, the basic principles and practice of inequality are the same as all the other types of bullying there are in the world of human interaction. 

Best wishes

Bill

w30bob

We have a women's national soccer team? Huh, didn't know that.

Ok...just kidding!! Congrats to the ladies. But I could do without the political BS of not wanting to go to the White House to be congratulated... they lost me at that point.

Regards,

Bob

Killarney
Reply to Bill

As a English  man are you not watching the Rugby World Cup?