Fast-Acting Foods: What Makes You 'Go' or 'Bind'?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
warrior

Carnation Instant Breakfast, the powder mix, provides essential vitamins and minerals. The only bother is that it goes right through me. If I want a quick liquid result, this does it for me. What about you? Do you have something you eat or drink that makes you "go" right away, or perhaps binds you up? Do tell.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,104 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Tickpol

Still trying to bind. Sugars are the enemy. They supercharge processing and, of course, in our modern world it's in everything.

Bananas work to a small extent but that might be a function of only having 6 feet of bowel left.

Dave

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Penguins7

Hey Warrior, I drink the Kirkland Complete Nutrition Shakes. They do go through me at a quick pace but are a good alternative to eating anything before I go to meetings. Cashews, peanut butter, and rice are the binding foods for me. Stay well. Penguins7

warrior

Have you tried sugar-free marshmallows for binding? H

Past Member

Eating steak binds me up. Granola with my instant breakfast drink keeps me solid. Every time I eat salad, I'm runny if I don't eat a lot of bread with the salad. When I need vegetables, I drink V8 juice. It doesn't give me gas. I have one good meal a day and drink a lot of milk. Milk is a solid. I eat a lot of grits and cheese, granola, hamburger, and hotdog. Hope this helps.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Bagface

Warrior - Since my reversal 6 months ago, stool is very loose. I find that marshmallows and applesauce work best for firming things up.

Tickpol

Hadn't occurred to me that such a thing exists!  I'm game if I can find them!

Thanks for the idea!

Dave

warrior

They do exist and ostomates swear by them. Now I eat them raw but put over a campfire, orgasmic.