Successful Ostomy Reversal - A Journey of Faith and Healing

Replies
Views
WingChunjeff

I have not posted in a while but I had successful ostomy reversal surgery. I really did not have many problems from the surgery. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, I no longer have an ostomy bag! I was so sick from various infections I almost died three times. I am over 6 feet tall and I got down to 160 lbs and was bony. Through a high protein diet and exercise, I now weigh 205 lbs and I am muscular. I feel great! Almost dying was good for me because it led me to the Catholic Church and the Lord Jesus Christ. If you are Catholic and have an ostomy, offer your suffering to Jesus Christ. My time with an ostomy was like purgatory. I pray that all of you are blessed with the strength to carry on.

Bagface

WingChunjeff - I'm happy for you! I'm also a reversal surgery success story and am thankful every day!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,455 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

MzDevine💋

Congrats, honey.

lovely

So glad you are doing well. I am a Christian but not of the Catholic faith. But through Jesus Christ, I have been blessed and helped through a lot of problems. Sometimes I wonder if I were eligible for a reversal, if I would choose to or not. I am glad it worked out well for you. I have read some people had a really hard time with it. I guess a lot depends on the person.

newyorktorque

Congratulations on becoming ostomy-free and your newfound faith.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

I'm so excited for you and your new life - congrats!

Angelicamarie

WingJunjeff.... God bless you!!!

Angelicamarie

csteven

Jeff, great news both on the op and your faith. I'm Catholic and had my reversal in September. It went well and I'm mostly back to normal. I had read horror stories from others and almost didn't do it. Although this past year was tough fighting rectal cancer, it brought me closer to God and made me appreciate what a great life I have had.

Now I want to use my remaining time to lead a positive, giving life devoted to His glory and to serve the less fortunate.

Puppyluv56

Congratulations on both ostomy freedom and your finding your faith! Two life-altering events! You are one lucky guy!
Now get on with your life! Enjoy!
Puppy