Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 21,015 members

The Daniel Fast

Posted by freedancer, on Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:22 am

Are the foods within the Daniel Fast safe for those with an ileostomy?

Reply by lovely, on Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:32 am

Hi i freedancer, I don't have an illeostomy I have a colonostomey so foods would probally be different. But there is a lot of information online, it is too much to list on here. If you just put in danial diet you can also get a list of foods allowed or not allowed. Good luck

Reply by w30bob, on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Ok, I'll bite.......who's Daniel?  And how fast is he?  Are we talking 4 minute mile fast or 4.5 seconds in the 40 fast? If he's that fast then yes, I'd like to know what he eats (or doesn't eat).  

;O)

bob

Reply by freedancer, on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:09 pm
w30bob wrote:

Ok, I'll bite.......who's Daniel?  And how fast is he?  Are we talking 4 minute mile fast or 4.5 seconds in the 40 fast? If he's that fast then yes, I'd like to know what he eats (or doesn't eat).  

;O)

bob

It's a Bible fast based on the food Daniel of the Bible ate when he did a 21 day fast.

Reply by britathrt60, on Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:31 am

Holy Crap Bob...you crack me up buddy....always make me chuckle ...

Reply by CuriousSoulAstray, on Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:57 pm

I'm borderline atheist, so wouldn't know. What I do know is that carbohydrates creates bulk, so be ready to tend to your ostomy often. 

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:31 pm

You should be fine on the Daniel fast especially with the ileostomy. 

Reply by kstyle, on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:15 am

I was just reading about this today!  It came up in my Google feed.  Sounded interesting, however no wine? Hmmm, I'd have to cheat with that lol

Reply by freedancer, on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:28 am
kstyle wrote:

I was just reading about this today!  It came up in my Google feed.  Sounded interesting, however no wine? Hmmm, I'd have to cheat with that lol

I just wondered because protein is important for us and this fast says no meat, no bread, no dairy and no sweets.  Plus, "Maxine" doesn't like raw things except Avacado and lettuce.  She hates carrots either cooked or raw.  I have had several blockages due to carrots.   I wanted to do the fast but the more I look at it, I don't think I want to try it.

Reply by kstyle, on Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:39 am

Freedancer- I'm the same way with all veggies- last Tuesday I had Chinese- beef with broccoli and I suffered for 4 days from eating 5 florets of stems and "flowers".  No matter if I chew, chew, chew (as someone always tells me) it still "clogs" up the pipes and wreaks havoc!  The only thing I don't have issues with is carbs- and we all know what too many carbs means! 🤬🤬🤬

k

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.