Daniel Fast and Ileostomy: Compatible Foods?

Replies
Views
freedancer

Are the foods within the Daniel Fast safe for those with an ileostomy?

lovely

Hi, I freedancer. I don't have an ileostomy. I have a colostomy, so foods would probably be different. But there is a lot of information online. It is too much to list here. If you just put in Daniel diet, you can also get a list of foods allowed or not allowed. Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Ok, I'll bite... who's Daniel? And how fast is he? Are we talking 4-minute mile fast or 4.5 seconds in the 40 fast? If he's that fast, then yes, I'd like to know what he eats (or doesn't eat).

;O)

Bob

freedancer

It's a Bible fast based on the food Daniel of the Bible ate when he did a 21-day fast.

britathrt60

Holy crap Bob...you crack me up, buddy....always make me chuckle...

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

I'm borderline atheist, so I wouldn't know. What I do know is that carbohydrates create bulk, so be ready to tend to your ostomy often.

Past Member

You should be fine on the Daniel Fast, especially with the ileostomy.

kstyle

I was just reading about this today! It came up in my Google feed. Sounded interesting, however no wine? Hmmm, I'd have to cheat with that lol

freedancer

I just wondered because protein is important for us and this fast says no meat, no bread, no dairy, and no sweets. Plus, "Maxine" doesn't like raw things except avocado and lettuce. She hates carrots either cooked or raw. I have had several blockages due to carrots. I wanted to do the fast, but the more I look at it, I don't think I want to try it.

kstyle

Freedancer - I'm the same way with all veggies - last Tuesday I had Chinese - beef with broccoli and I suffered for 4 days from eating 5 florets of stems and "flowers". No matter if I chew, chew, chew (as someone always tells me) it still "clogs" up the pipes and wreaks havoc! The only thing I don't have issues with is carbs - and we all know what too many carbs means!

K