Reversing Diverticulitis Surgery - Update from the Hospital Bed

Replies
Views
currentsitguy

Well, after 15 or so months I've finally reached the point where we can undo this. I had terrible diverticulitis, the surgeon said it was "fistulas everywhere". I had a double colonoscopy (both ends) about a month back and everything checks out A-OK in terms of my healing.

I'm a little concerned about potential trouble, but she assures me she foresees no post-surgical trouble and that I should expect to be "back to normal" in a short period of time.

I'll log in from my hospital bed and update.

Morning glory

Wishing you well.

Rebecca

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,442 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

Hi currentsitguy, so happy you are able to get a reversal. Wish you all the best. Please keep us updated.

iMacG5

Hey Currentsitguy, looking forward to the good news from you in a day or two.

Wishing you the very best,

Mike

Bagface

Best of luck to you!!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Puppyluv56

So happy for you! Everyone's dream! Praying for a speedy recovery! Keep us posted, we love those success stories!
Puppyluv

Past Member

Good luck and speedy recovery.

w30bob

Awesome dude, that's great news! Speedy recovery!!

Regards,

Bob

ron in mich

Good luck. Hope all goes well and speedy recovery.

Angelicamarie

Good luck!

Angelicamarie

Bill

Hello currentsitguy.

Just a short note to add my own very best wishes and I hope it all goes well for you.

Bill

wiljpeters

Best of luck, currentsitguy!!! Hope it goes well.

Newbeee

Wishing you a speedy recovery!! I am counting down the weeks until I can get my reversal.

Puppyluv56

Current sit guy,

Hoping your surgery went well and your recovery is smooth!
Let us know how you are when you feel like it!
Pup

wiljpeters

Adding my best wishes for a speedy recovery. I had my ileostomy reversed last May. It takes time and everyone's different. I had cancer, so I lost most of my rectum, so it's been a lot of Imodium and Lomotil. However, it's a great milestone. Best of luck!!!