Isolation Blues: Where is Everyone? Forum's Gone Silent!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
w30bob

Ok.......where is everybody? With everyone stuck inside and bored out of their minds, I thought this place would be a rockin'.........but it's just crickets chirping. Oh well........guess I'll go back to painting the bathroom. See ya.

Regards,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Maried

Just waiting for the rain to stop here in California so I can cut the grass, but in the meantime trying to grow plants from seeds. Has anyone been really successful at this? Any suggestions or ideas?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Longroad78

On the plants from seed, place in a wet paper towel and that allows it to sprout before planting in dirt. This works for some plants.

bowsprit

Too many people and too much TV sounding like the horseman of the apocalypse. Solidarity and courage are the proper way to fight this scourge rather than hopelessness and despair. The people who frequent these pages are particularly brave, they are facing personal medical problems as well as this new enemy, people like Bob come to mind who is rallying around stoically with the help of his feathered and furred friends. Wishing them all the best and hoping they will all come out smelling like a rose at the end of this.

Past Member

Hi all,

I've been wondering the same. No one's been talking much. It's a ghost town. Liven it up. I think many are just thinking about what will be next.

I liked bowspirit's thought of the gray horse.

We need to give our minds a rest.

Bob, once again thanks for jumping in. Start talking about our families, pets, what we'd like to be doing. Weather permitting, I've been fishing when I can.

What are your plans when the weather gets better? Maried is planting seeds. What are the rest of us planning for spring?

...mountain

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
lovely

Hi everyone, I was on here yesterday and last night and wondered where everyone was. Like Bob said, I thought with so many staying home, there would be a lot of people on here. Yesterday, I filled in some ruts in my driveway and rinsed the pollen off my car, and went to church this morning. I guess with schools and nurseries closing, some people have to keep up with their children. Maybe some are doing their spring cleaning.

I usually go visit my son at the nursing home on Saturday, but since they are not allowing visits, I have not seen him for over two weeks. I did get to talk to him on the phone yesterday. It broke my heart when he said, "I've been missing you." He was in a car wreck about seven years ago and has traumatic brain damage. We have just gotten two cases of the virus in my county. I will stop for now. Everyone, stay safe.

Bagface

We're waiting for better weather to go fishing and to the shooting range.  

w30bob

Lovely,

You just need to drop a laptop off for your son......and then you guys can Skype or Webex (video-chat) anytime you like. They might even have a computer he can borrow there.

What am I doing for Spring? My To Do list is many pages long.........and seems to be getting longer. Seems all the military vehicle meets I attend every Spring are all cancelled........so that sucks. But I've got TONS of stuff to do around here. Finding a girlfriend might also be something I might focus some attention on too.........but I honestly do enjoy being single. If I could just cook better.................

;0)

Bob

Past Member

Lovely, I'm sure it is heartbreaking for you not being able to visit your son right now. I hope you can take some solace in knowing that the nursing home is doing what they need to do in order to keep him safe. I think a lot of people are in the same predicament you are in, but that doesn't make it any easier for you. Also, I am worried about you going to church. I know you said that your church is small, but the unfortunate thing about this virus is that you can't tell who's got it and who hasn't. It can take 2 weeks for it to develop, and people are contagious during that time period. The more you come into contact with other people right now, the higher the risk to yourself. And the consequences can be deadly - please read the new post by Angelicamarie about her nephew. Please consider practicing your faith in your own home for awhile. It is perfectly acceptable to do that - God won't mind. You want to be able to visit your son when this is all over; please, for his sake and yours, keep yourself safe.

bowsprit

Hello lovely,

Bob has a good suggestion for you. Science and technology make new advances every day. I am sure there will be a solution to your sons' situation soon. Best wishes.

Bagface

Bob - Maybe you'll be able to find a woman who loves to cook!

Past Member

Hi Bob,

Bagface may be on to something there. Then you can get more done. Good ideas! What's everyone else thinking about doing this spring? Keep the thoughts coming.

..mountain

Puppyluv56

Lovey,

Please reconsider going to church in this terrible time. A church here decided to have services and some people got and spread the virus to the congregation. One person that I went to high school with. Maybe your preacher can do a virtual service.
Pup

Puppyluv56

Hey all,

It is spring here and in the 80's so I have been spending as much time outside as possible! I uncovered the pool, power washed the cement around it, and just doing the springtime sprucing up. It's hard to stay inside when it is so nice!

Pup

lovely

Thanks Bob, like I said, he has brain damage and he lost most of his short-term memory and a lot of his long-term memory. He is a couple of years older than you. Things you tell or show him now, he forgets easily. Thanks for the thought. I am a few years older LOL than you, but I don't think I want to live with anyone. Good luck if you decide to take the plunge, hope you find the right one.

lovely

Thanks for the concern, Pup. Mine is a very small church, only about 15 people came. Most were seniors. I know they can spread it also but do not get out as much as others. We are taking it week by week. There are only two cases in our county as of yesterday. So we may not have it this Sunday. But we have to go to the grocery store and a lot more people are there. Stay safe.

w30bob

Hi Lovely,

Yeah, I was thinking maybe one of the caregivers at your son's facility could set up some FaceTime for you and him on a computer they had there. I'm sorry to hear about your son's condition... that must be really hard on you. If it's any consolation, I can't remember shit either... and I'm supposedly fine. I think it's all the Nutri-Sweet I eat. Either that or all my brain cells are full and to learn something new, I keep having to forget something first. Yeah, that must be it. Who are you again? No, just kidding. But I am really bad when it comes to memory... which is why I have a "To Do" list that's now like 29 pages long.

Pup's already uncovered the pool??? Wow, I'm jealous. I wouldn't dare uncover mine until all the pollen gets washed away by a good rain. Or all my pool water would be pee yellow. Pollen is just starting to fall now, so it'll be at least 2 or 3 weeks before I can pop the cover off the pool. We're up to 9 reported cases in the county today, and the Governor of Maryland just locked down the state this morning, starting tonight. So we're officially "staying in place". This should be fun. My cousin up in NJ, just 5 minutes out of NYC, is complaining of having a high fever and feeling like crap... so it might be in my family already. Now when is my first government check getting here? Oh wait, I make too much to get a check. Like those of us who make a pretty good living aren't living paycheck to paycheck like everyone else. Who does the math in the White House anyway?

Ok, enough bitching... I got to cut some grass, move some crap (manure), set up my 2nd compost pile, take a tree down, and clean out some flower beds. It's a beautiful day outside... so I'm gone. Y'all have a good afternoon and I'll catch up with ya later.

Regards,

Bob

Puppyluv56

Uncovered it last weekend. It has been 80 here every day! Today it is cold and rainy but that is temporary. It is nice to start on the tan early though! 
Pup