Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 21,030 members

Is anyone out there today?

Posted by Puppyluv56, on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:16 pm

It is funny to log in to the site and there not be even one topic of discussion! Bob, are you on vacation? Lol

Hope everyone is doing well!

Puppyluv

Reply by iMacG5, on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:56 pm

Hey Pup, I'm out there.  I'm so far out there I'm not sure I'll ever get back.

Stay safe and be well.  thanks for looking.

Mike

Reply by xnine, on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 pm

Just pop in and out.

Reply by kmedup, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:10 am

Hi Nancy et al,

Still around but recently got offered - and accepted - a huge contact that has a defined deadline. I am actually pleased as I thought my age was leaving me out of this lucrative work. I have until mid September to submit the project so between zooming, the new project and my daily walk I am now constrained for time and - I am back on a tight schedule again. Maybe I will eat less too:(    The weekends are no longer my respite. Red Hatting will have to wait because this project could mean half a motorhome. And the weather is not looking good at all - just rain and more rain - my ark will have to be put on hold too. Oh no - no more of my Friday night masacres or meltdowns. That could be a blessing. You take care; I cannot believe the Covid crisis stateside. Thinking of all of you.  Wear a mask please.  Karen

Reply by lovely, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:18 am

Hi pup I have been thinking the same thing the last few days. I noticed one post that only got one comment on here which is very unusual. I just figured people just don't have the time  I have as some are going back to work.  As I said before with over 20000  on this site I wonder why more don't post. Best wishes and stay safe

Reply by Bill, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:44 am

Hello Puppyluv ( & everyone else).

Thank you for this post as it it breaks the silence. 

I must admit that I have been one of those people who have rarely, (if ever) posted an original post in the forum, but that doesn't mean I don't like reading what others write and replying when appropriate. 

One of my 'excuses' for not posting, is that I have been busy writing about things quite unrelated to stomas etc.  However, I do have one or two rhymes that have not yet been posted on here, so today I will try to fish one out and make my contribution whilst things are a bit slow. 

Best wishes

Bill. 

Reply by veejay, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:16 am

Yes it's a good question.

With almost 21,000 members? world-wide, one would think there would be some "correspondence" happening???

Stay Covid safe Ostomates!

V.J. 

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:34 am

Thanks everybody for getting back to me. It's kind of strange not to have any posts on here but glad to see everybody is here and doing well.

Mike, Don't go out there beyond the point of no return. Lol

Xnine, I do that too! Pop In and out without commenting. Depends on what kind of time I have!

Bill, I'm like you I really do an original post anymore either. I did take some time to go look at a lot of profiles, something I enjoy doing and haven't done in quite a while. I Did find it funny that the only profiles that came up for me to look at war men. No wonder people think this is a dating site.

Karen, Good luck on that project and congratulations! Do keep in touch. 

Lovely, this seems to happen on occasion I guess everybody needs a break huh?

VJ, you would think with 21,000 people out there that they would contribute more often. As I was looking at profiles last night,  it tells you when the last time that they were on and  almost everyone of them had more than a month that they had not been on the site so either they've moved on to greater things are no longer with us, who knows. 

Thanks for all the comments. Be safe! 
Puppyluv 

Reply by Padfoot, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:14 am

Lots going on in the summer; not enough time. I pop in and out too.

Laurie

Reply by Daanders, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:19 am

I check out afew times a day. I miss the discussions. Stay Safe

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:34 am
Padfoot wrote:

Lots going on in the summer; not enough time. I pop in and out too.

Laurie

Laurie,  Maybe it's because I'm having some rainy days that I have more time to be on here. Ha ha
Puppyluv 

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:36 am
Daanders wrote:

I check out afew times a day. I miss the discussions. Stay Safe

Sometimes, that what I do also. If I get really busy with something sometimes, I don't even pop on here for a week and then all of a sudden I think to do it and it takes me forever to catch up.

Pup

Reply by w30bob, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:16 pm

Sorry Pup...........I'm a bit pre-occupied.  My Mom had some back pain........long story short she's just been diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic lung cancer.  The family is scrambling, confused, disoriented and in denial....... and I'm trying to learn about it as fast as I can.  Will try to get on here more frequently.........at least to get me thinking about something else.  

later,

bob

Reply by Padfoot, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:24 pm
w30bob wrote:

Sorry Pup...........I'm a bit pre-occupied.  My Mom had some back pain........long story short she's just been diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic lung cancer.  The family is scrambling, confused, disoriented and in denial....... and I'm trying to learn about it as fast as I can.  Will try to get on here more frequently.........at least to get me thinking about something else.  

later,

bob

Oh no - I am so sorry to hear that. Yes, I can imagine your family is confused - such a difficult thing to process. One thing for sure, you are really good at doing your homework, so if anything can be discovered that will help her, you will find it. All the best to you and your family.

Laurie

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:31 pm
w30bob wrote:

later,

bob

Wow Bob, 

i am so sorry to hear about your mom. Mine had the exact thing. She kept it a secret for a long time and my being in Oncology, I could have helped her but by the time I finally found out, she had become too weak for treatment.Glad she has all of you to help her through this! 

If you don't come on as often, we will understand! She will be in my thoughts! 
Pup

Reply by Bagface, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 pm
w30bob wrote:

later,

bob

Oh my God, Bob! So sorry to hear about your Mom! Best wishes!

Reply by kmedup, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:53 pm
Puppyluv56 wrote:
w30bob wrote:

later,

bob

Wow Bob, 

i am so sorry to hear about your mom. Mine had the exact thing. She kept it a secret for a long time and my being in Oncology, I could have helped her but by the time I finally found out, she had become too weak for treatment.Glad she has all of you to help her through this! 

If you don't come on as often, we will understand! She will be in my thoughts! 
Pup

Oh my goodness Bob,

I am so sorry to hear this sad news but I am very glad that you are there for her and for the family. Your strength will be needed now, more than ever. I will be thinking of you and your mom, often, and will check back a few times to see how you are doing. Stay strong. I lost my mom this past March - it is a really difficult time. I think that is why I am keeping more than busy now. Bug hugs coming your way for you and your mom.  Your big sis, K

Reply by iMacG5, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Best of luck, Karen.  You probably won't need any because of your talent.  Give us a progress report when it's good for you.

Mike

Reply by iMacG5, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:28 pm
w30bob wrote:

later,

bob

I don't think I could appropriately express my thoughts, Bob.  Based on our experience with you, I think your Mom will get more support and comfort than she would've imagined.  Wish you all the good stuff you deserve.

Sincerely,

Mike 

Reply by lovely, on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:39 pm
w30bob wrote:

later,

bob

Hi Bob I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I had been wondering why your post were not as many as usual. We will be thinking of your Mom you and family.  Stay strong and post as you feel like it. Best wishes and stay safe

Reply by Bill, on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:54 am
w30bob wrote:

later,

bob

Hello Bob.

I too am sorry to hear about your mom, and my thoughts are with yuo and your family at this even more difficult time.

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by bowsprit, on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:27 pm
w30bob wrote:

later,

bob

Sorry to hear about that, bob. Mothers are very special. Like Padfoot has said you are good at unravelling things and will be a big source of comfort for her. Came across a saying: "At any given moment you have the power to say this is NOT how the story is going to end". Best wishes.

Reply by Little Lulu, on Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:27 pm
w30bob wrote:

later,

bob

So sorry to hear about your mother, Bob. As others have said, I know you will do major research so you can explain everything to your family. I hope they live close by so that you can all help each other through this difficult time. You have helped so many on this site. I hope that you will reach out to all of us here so that we can be there for you, as well.   Lucy

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.