Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 21,034 members

Bob

Posted by lovely, on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi Bob I know you are going through a lot right now with your Mom. Not sure if you even have or can even think about checking in. I just want you to know I miss you very much. You always added so much to this site. I have thought about you and your Mom very often and send good wishes and prayers your way. I also found this mask online you had asked about a comfortable mask and I thought it would complete your look. I hope when you are able to check in it will still be around. Best wishes and stay safe.  

Include: 1 Mask And 2 PM2.5 Filters

The Face Mask Was Made Of Skin Friendly Material Which Is Breathable And Comfortable To Wear. It Is Perfect For Everyday Use.

ADJUSTABLE: The Ear Loop Of Our Polyester Face Mask Is Adjustable, You Could Freely Change Its Length According To Your Face Contour, Preventing Leaving Trace On Your Face After Taking Off. One Size Fits Most. Our 1 Pcs Polyester Mouth Masks Are Big Enough For You To Use.

Reply by w30bob, on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi Lovely,

Thanks for the post, you're so sweet!  Things with my Mom are mellowing a bit.  I think reality is setting in, although not for everyone.....as for some it takes longer.  Mom's going thru radiation right now to try to reduce her back pain. The tumor on her back is near her spinal cord, but not touching it........which is good, otherwise we'd have much bigger problems.  She met with her Oncologist last Thursday.  I couldn't be there, but her two sisters and my Dad took her and I sent a list of questions to be answered.  Looking at the answers I'm planning on getting her to a better cancer facility.  They aren't involved in any clinicial trials (bad) and they wouldn't give her any 1 year or 5 year survival stats for their facility (worse).  So the battle now will be convincing Mom she needs to travel to get to another better facility when she's comfortable going to the hospital that's 5 minutes from her house.  I'm letting her get a two week radiation treatment to deal with the pain, while I'm working behind the scenes on second and third opinions and working with the family on a strategy to convince Mom she needs to be treated by a different facility.  So now that the hysteria is subsiding and the smoke is clearing we can figure out the best path forward.  Thanks for everyone's well wishes and prayers..........it's much appreciated. It's funny how you hear about folks all the time getting cancer, and we're all sort of numb to it.  But when it hits close to home it takes on a whole new meaning.  You suddenly feel helpless and kick yourself for not paying more attention to what's been going on in the treatment world.  I guess we all bury our heads in the sand about a lot of important stuff until some of that stuff walks right up behind us and gives us a swift kick in the ass.   

I like that mask!  I'll poke around the internet and see if I can find it.  I'm working on getting a pair of those flag boots too.......the mask would really compliment things.  So how's everbody doing.............what did I miss?

regards,

bob

Reply by Padfoot, on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Yeah, Bob, I can relate to that helpless feeling following a cancer diagnosis. It just hurts, and I am so sorry that you and your family are having to deal with it. Your mom is lucky to have a son who has the determination to look for the best options. She did a good job raising you. Take good care.

Laurie

Reply by lovely, on Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:41 pm

Bob thanks for checking in. I sure hope you can get Mom to concent to the better help. If you are really interested in the mask here is the link. Best wishes and stay safe.    https://madeprinter.com/collections/single-masks

Reply by Mtnman, on Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 am
w30bob wrote:

Hi Lovely,

Thanks for the post, you're so sweet!  Things with my Mom are mellowing a bit.  I think reality is setting in, although not for everyone.....as for some it takes longer.  Mom's going thru radiation right now to try to reduce her back pain. The tumor on her back is near her spinal cord, but not touching it........which is good, otherwise we'd have much bigger problems.  She met with her Oncologist last Thursday.  I couldn't be there, but her two sisters and my Dad took her and I sent a list of questions to be answered.  Looking at the answers I'm planning on getting her to a better cancer facility.  They aren't involved in any clinicial trials (bad) and they wouldn't give her any 1 year or 5 year survival stats for their facility (worse).  So the battle now will be convincing Mom she needs to travel to get to another better facility when she's comfortable going to the hospital that's 5 minutes from her house.  I'm letting her get a two week radiation treatment to deal with the pain, while I'm working behind the scenes on second and third opinions and working with the family on a strategy to convince Mom she needs to be treated by a different facility.  So now that the hysteria is subsiding and the smoke is clearing we can figure out the best path forward.  Thanks for everyone's well wishes and prayers..........it's much appreciated. It's funny how you hear about folks all the time getting cancer, and we're all sort of numb to it.  But when it hits close to home it takes on a whole new meaning.  You suddenly feel helpless and kick yourself for not paying more attention to what's been going on in the treatment world.  I guess we all bury our heads in the sand about a lot of important stuff until some of that stuff walks right up behind us and gives us a swift kick in the ass.   

I like that mask!  I'll poke around the internet and see if I can find it.  I'm working on getting a pair of those flag boots too.......the mask would really compliment things.  So how's everbody doing.............what did I miss?

regards,

bob

Heart felt wishes Bob, take care. mtnman 

Reply by kmedup, on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:10 pm
w30bob wrote:

Hi Lovely,

regards,

bob

Nice to hear from you Bob - you got the analysis right - we often don't think much about things until they are in our own backyard. I am think about you and your mom. Take care, K.

Reply by Little Lulu, on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:54 am
w30bob wrote:

Hi Lovely,

regards,

bob

Bob, all of your friends on this site are relieved to hear from you. Your mother can count on your research to find the best facility for her, that's for sure. We will all have you and your mother and the rest of your family in our thoughts. Take care of yourself.   Lucy

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:23 pm

Bob, 
Great to hear from you. Glad things are settling down some. 
I have no doubt that you will find the best possible Physician and facility. Just a thought here but, If you go to another facility for a second opinion and find an Oncologist that you trust, possibly an MD Anderson, it is somewhat common to have that Oncologist to confer with her local Oncologist on the treatment plan and other options. She could even be in a trial at the one facility while getting treatment at another. I say bend the rules to near the breaking point!
That may take some of the anxiety of traveling so far. That is unless another facility is close by as well. 
Your Mom Is the only one that matters in all this. 
Please keep us posted! My thoughts are with you as you go through this with your Mom and family. 
Pup

Reply by Bagface, on Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 am
w30bob wrote:

Hi Lovely,

reg

Hey Bob- Letting you know I'm thinking of you and your family. 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.