Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 21,176 members

Pandemic

Posted by kook, on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:42 am

I think it's important we all have access to discuss and be supportive to each other. However, imposing full membership does not allow this to apply.  I'm disappointed that I cannot contact people! Be kind, be responsive, but let's not pay for the privilege? Don't know who will see this, ultimately it's a concern! 

Reply by panther, on Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:31 am

Paying for membership is what keeps the group going there are running costs as this site isn't a social media site. I paid for lifetime mebership about 10 years ago and that's about the last time I used it too lol. There are other socila media sites where you can message people for free if thats what you want 

Reply by Bill, on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:10 am

Hello kook. 

It is what it is!

I do not pay a membership fee, and willingly accept that those who do will get benefits that may not be available to me. I quite like the concept of communicating on an open forum, where everyone gets the opportunity to join in the conversation if only by way of the process of 'listening-in'. People occasionally message me and I can reply without a problem. Also, I regularly get upgraded to a 'full-member' status because I have become one of the more prolific contributers.  This seems like a fair enough system whereby prolific contributers get some reward for their efforts. 

A lot of social media sites make their money by bombarding participants with advertisements. I think this would be the death-knell for my own participation, as I am 'allergic' to advertisements.

Best wishes

Bill 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.