Ostomy Memories of Dodger Blue

Replies
Views
HenryM

It was October 4, 1955. My favorite team, the Brooklyn Dodgers won their first ever World Series, and my favorite player, Gil Hodges, knocked in both runs in the decisive seventh game with a single and a sacrifice fly in the 2 – 0 defeat of the N.Y. Yankees. I would turn thirteen years old a couple of weeks later, so this was the best present possible. With my Dodger baseball cards arrayed on the table in front of me, in their field positions, naturally, I knew eighth grade joy. Johnny Podres was on the mound and he threw a complete game, a feat that managers rarely permit any more. The other night, the Dodgers won the 2020 World Series. Their home is L.A. now; the ’55 players are all gone; the current team members weren’t even alive in ’55. But the Dodger Blue abides. The uniforms are the same, though less baggy. And me, where my hair used to be, I’m wearing my authentic Dodger cap with the “B” on it, a big smile on my face, and thoughts of Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider, Roy Campanella, Carl Furillo, and Pee Wee Reese swirling around in my head.  It's almost like being thirteen again.

TerryLT

Hi Henry,You could fill a thimble with my knowledge about baseball, and still have lots of room left for my knowledge about football. I'm just glad you are back my friend, welcome.

Terry

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.