Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Na’Scent

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:48 pm

Have any of you tried this Na’Scent deodorizer that this site is advertizing? I thought it was something new but in checking it out it has been out awhile. The cost they have seems to be better than on some other sites. Best wishes and stay safe

Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:10 pm

Lovely, 

I haven't seen that advertised here . What company makes it ? 
I always have used the Coloplast Brava deodorant/ lubricant...but I just requested these tabs samples from Convetect. It's a tablet that makes liquid of an ileostomy person turn into a gel and it claims it's a deodorizer as well . I'll have to look up what you are saying . Can they send you samples to try first ?

Good Luck... keep us posted if you try it , Ritz

Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:47 pm

Yes from Bullen I've had samples of it it's ok but wouldn't say it's anything special but sure lots like it and you probably will too.

Just my view I'm set in my ways lol I don't use any deodrizer in my bag I just like to try everything 

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Lovely,

I Never tried those but I tried so many things for so long and nothing really seems to work. I gave up and just deal with it. If I am out, my handy homemade spray helps but nothing in the pouch. Let us know if you try it and it works. 
always a chance they will get it right on day! Lol

Puppyluv

Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:24 am

I continue to swear by good ol' cheap baking powder.  Just dip a bit in with a flat pouch clip after emptying and, as far as i can tell, that handles any odor.

**Note added:  As Lovely says below, I meant to say baking SODA, not baking powder.  Sorry.

Last edited by HenryM on Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:16 pm

I had not heard of baking powder but I did read in Ostomy Tips Book under collections that baking soda would obsorb the odorin the bag. I knew putting a open box of baking soda in the fridg and one in the freezer would absorb orders. I just never thought about using it in my bag. May have to try it. best wishes and stay safe

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:56 am
lovely wrote:

I had not heard of baking powder but I did read in Ostomy Tips Book under collections that baking soda would obsorb the odorin the bag. I knew putting a open box of baking soda in the fridg and one in the freezer would absorb orders. I just never thought about using it in my bag. May have to try it. best wishes and stay safe

Sorry, I always get baking powder and baking soda confused.  Thanks, Lovely, for correcting me.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:17 pm

I was not trying to correct you sorry if you took it that way. There is both baking soda and baking powder. I just figured you had tried the baking powder. Best wishes and stay safe.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 pm
Ritz wrote:

Lovely, 

I haven't seen that advertised here . What company makes it ? 
I always have used the Coloplast Brava deodorant/ lubricant...but I just requested these tabs samples from Convetect. It's a tablet that makes liquid of an ileostomy person turn into a gel and it claims it's a deodorizer as well . I'll have to look up what you are saying . Can they send you samples to try first ?

Good Luck... keep us posted if you try it , Ritz

Ladies, I buy it regularly from the site.  It is by far, the best deodorizer product out there.   So much cheaper than my Ins copay. They are having a 23% off sale right now. I always stock up when this happens.  Check theM out for sure, and I believe they will send you a free sample.  ~ Beth

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.