Ostomy Memories of Acme Redux

Replies
Views
HenryM

ON TUESDAY, I posted about encountering some Acme barricades, a reminder of the tenacious and ongoing efforts of the cartoon coyote to snare the uncatchable roadrunner. The next day I noticed a 1-800 phone number just below where it said ACME, so when I got home, I called it.
“Hello, Acme,” said a professional male voice.
“Yes, I’m interested in Acme products. Do you sell to the general public, or just the State and County?”
“We sell only through State contract,” the Acme man said. “We got the contract from Gov. DeSantis after donating a lot of money to his campaign.”
“How many different products do you provide to the government?” I queried.
“We have orange barricades, orange street barriers, orange traffic cones, and orange plastic stretch fencing material.”
“You seem to be wedded to the color orange,” I pointed out.
“Well, we’re Republicans,” he told me. “We’re making America orange again.” He chuckled.
“I must say,” I mentioned, “I had to move a couple of your small barriers yesterday that had fallen over into the street, and now, today, I’ve developed a skin rash on my face.”
“Oh, that can’t have been our equipment,” he protested. “They must have come from our competitor, Acne Products. You can see how people would get us confused.” And then he startled me by, somewhat accusingly, asking me my name.
“Wiley Coyote,” I said, and hung up.

bays6513

Omg! .

Needed that! LAUGH.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.