Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 24,1K + members

Ostomy Memories of Bad Traffic

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:14 am

HIGH UP ON THE STRESS-O-METER is having to drive in heavy traffic, an experience that I had yesterday for the first time in a long time. We drove to Jacksonville to see our daughter, who had recently moved there from New Jersey. I had read a city review that noted there was a high-volume traffic problem there, but nothing can prepare you for the reality, when you are in it and having to focus with everything in you upon all the moving cars and trucks surrounding you, while keeping an eye out for street signs telling you where to turn. It’s really quite amazing that there aren’t more traffic accidents than there are. Getting out of town was the most stressful. We were on an expressway that would merge in multiple directions into another expressway that would then merge into an interstate highway. It was our first time driving this route. Throw in some significant highway construction forcing traffic to squeeze into less lanes than usual and restructuring the lanes themselves so that they wavered this way and that instead of being just straight ahead as they worked around the construction and machinery, throw in highway speeds, the glare of a high late afternoon sun, plus my own tiredness from a long day that had begun with a drive of 2 hours 45 minutes to get there, and you have TRAFFIC STRESS!! We got through it; the traffic thinned out as we got out of Jacksonville. We headed west into the setting sun. Arriving home three hours after their normal dinner time, our four cats were most happy to see us back safe.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:37 pm

That's why they made backroads. Just sit back and relax . It's over 

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:02 am

Ritz wrote:  

That's why they made backroads. Just sit back and relax . It's over 

I like backroads too.  I read a book a long time ago where the author referred to them as blue highways.  And someone once said that the interstate highway system was invented so that you could get all the way across the country without seeing anything. 

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:50 pm

Omg! Traffic especially in LA traffic is a nightmare while your awake lol. Side streets or side roads are no better. I can't wait to retire I want to move to a small city minimum traffic 😩.  

And your poor babies waiting for you all at home. And u described traffic so well I got nervous reading it 😬.

Pic is 3:30 pm traffic going about 15 miles an hour. About 2 hous before real traffic starts the you driving with a snails paste. 

Thx

B 🐾🥳🦋

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.