Ostomy Memories of Morality

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

WE ALL KNOW THAT IQ stands for Intelligence Quotient, or, where we fit on the scale of dumbness to smartness. I suggest that we also ought to have a MQ, a Morality Quotient. That would be a measurement of our relative morality. We’ll say that MORALITY consists of standards or principles establishing proper behavior, the ability to distinguish right from wrong and behave according to the former rather than the latter. Moreover, based upon lengthy and agitated observation, I have concluded that politicians, most particularly a certain brand of hypocritical faux patriot, lose a few points off their MQ every year. It may not be in the water in the Capitol building, but it’s definitely in the air, and the members inhaling most sharply in self-righteous sniveling are generating the lion’s share of the hypocrisy. “Truth,” said Mahatma Gandhi, “is the substance of all morality.” Some run for political office already besmirched with a low MQ, like the fool who recently announced that he thought the 2nd Amendment meant any individual has the right to his own nuclear weapon if he wants one (it is amazing how frequently a low MQ would coordinate with a low IQ). Others arrive in office with good intentions, but the political atmosphere swiftly contaminates them. Experts ought to be able to create a viable MQ test, analogous to an IQ test, that anyone wishing to run for public office would be required to take AND PASS before appearing on the ballot.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello HenryM.

Another great concept and --

Oh! that this were so.

That politicians would be required to line up in a morality queue and be judged like any other potential criminal, both before and (regualrly) after they run for office.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
TerryLT

Hi Henry, I'd love to live in a world where that would work! Sadly in the real world those sociopathic wanna-be politicians are all very adept at lying and saying what they think you want to hear. They would pass the MQ test with flying colours. I'm afraid we are stuck with them. The good ones, the ones who go into politics for the right reasons are often the ones who burn out early as they can't or won't play the corrupt game that is required to keep them in power.

Terry

Past Member

Hi there , just my 2 centsbut the crazy , psychopathiclooney tunes in the public and political sphere these days wear their craziness and disbelief in science as a badge of honor , they are actually proud of their illogical nonsenseicalnotions and beliefs . The really sad thing is that there are so many people who actually believe the insane and / or innaneideas and nonsense that is spewed out on tv and on the internet every minute of every day . I saw a " true believer " in an interview with avery well known CNNreporter . In the interview he said that he had been convinced and Really , Really believed that this reporter Himself was part of a Liberal Cabalof Cannibalisticchild murderers and Pedophiles who drank children's blood after torturing and killing the children !!!! . The reporter had him repeat this insanity just for clarification . The man did not appear strange on the face of it , he seemed to be of "normal" intelligence , he could string together coherent sentences , he did not rave about apparitions or hearing voices telling him this nonsense ...he simply believed what some idiotic , sick people were spewing out on the internet and in Public forums and speeches . Now some of these people are not as crazy as they might appearbecause they know that this wacky shit talk is like a license to print money . They have newsletters , paywalls on their websites raising money for the "Cause"du jour ...the real cause being their bank balance !!

So did this guy really believe that politicians ( of Any stripe,)and mainstream news personalities were having bloody orgies of baby killing and blood consumption rituals in the back of a Pizza joint in DC , who knows . Was it his, and people like him ,repetition of this insanitythatprompted a delusional, deranged man to go to that Pizza joint heavily armed looking for these imaginarybaby prisoners to rescue them ? The people who repeat this nonsense are the enablers , the people who act on it may be just peole suffering mental distress or disease , people without critical thinking skills who ( as my Mother would say)are "Easily led " . I do not blame the mentally unstable person who may act they have some excuse for not thinking straight . The real culprits arethe ones who give these stories legs and a viice , politicians , newspeople( entertainment actuallythese days )and so called influencers . These people consciously and knowinglyspew lies and insane storiesto their vulnerable followerswith the full knowledge thatdeath and destruction could be the ultimate resultof their money making enterprise . A well known misoginist hate mongerwho has left usisprobably " shoveling coal " right now ( for believers )became a ( pretty sure ) Billionaireon the back of hate and liesis like a God to the exploiters . They hope to emulate the 24hour hate thatthis person thrived on . I see it sort of like the Churchand child abuse . Pedophiles cannot stop themselves , they have a mental illnessthat drives them to infiltrate child environments , Church , Swim teams , gymnastics , youth Football . Drawn like a moth to a flame theyhave nocontrol over the worst impulses a person can have , worse than murder in many cases!!IMHO...The real horrible villians in this type of evil soul destroyingcrime are theEnablers , theapparently sane people who have a role the lives of these criminal Beasts

TerryLT

Couldn't have said it better myselft Magoo. nbsp; People don't trust mainstream media anymore, but they believe the "news" they get off Facebook or Twitter?? nbsp; The more outlandish and unlikely, the better. nbsp; Truly mind-boggling.

Terry

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Oops...hit the button too soon ....

The Enablers who hide the crimes , threaten victimsand actively enable thethe continuation of the crimes, they are the real villians in these stories . The radio, tv and Internet personalities who profit and become millionaires or even Billionairesfrom mayhem and the spreading of insane theories and beliefs, these are the criminals in the story . As Francis McDormand quietly stated in " Fargo"the movie . " All that ( death and destruction ) for a little bit of money "as she snuggles up to Hubby in their modest house in a modest neighborhood where they are quite contentto live andapproach life in an honest , dignified waywithout feeding off the mental distress or the daily struggles oftheir fellow citizens .

This only refers to the insanity of the beliefs held by some of our fellow Americans , Not to the usual and very productivediscourse and debate carried out by those with some Critical Thinking skills . I grew up with the axiom , believe half of what you hear and less of what you read. Always have a degree of healthy scepticismin your daily life . My Mom and Dad taught us that and it gets more important every day .

There are actual little gears and wheelsthat were builtwith the aid of a scanning electron microscope , too small for the naked eyeto detect. These might even be small enough to inject with a syringe !!!But for the believers out there , you all carry a modern GPSenabled smart devicewhich has an exact record of your EVERYmove , every day and night , everywhere you go . It reports to the "internet Cloud "every few minutes with your ocation , maybe even your physical vital statistics ...all day , every day . Why on earth would people believe that the " Govt"is injecting tracker chips into our bodies??!!You carry that chip in your purse or pocket, your car everyplace you go....that Privacy Horse has left the barn ...a long time ago .

Ok , I rambled on again like some mentally deranged radio talk show hostbut maybe I'm a little pixellated so I have an excuse .

Please keep your sense of humor , it keeps us sane .

Magoo

Bill

THE MORALITY QUOTIENT.

My many thanks to HenryM,
who shared with us this little gem
of a concept, which could be
an antidote to the bully.

For true morality implies,
there’d be no bullying or lies,
or deceitful fabrication
in homes, community, or nation.

I do uphold freedom of speech,
as long as those who do so, each
would take responsibility
for any immorality.

Too many humans, now it seems
exclude morality from dreams,
and seem to have an inbuilt need
for avarice, selfishness, and greed.

It doesn’t take a genius
to see these people here, with us,
as they often epitomise
all those values we despise.

We live in an immoral space,
with values of the marketplace,
where immorality can thrive
and bullies are in overdrive.

Presently, there is no measure
to express our gross displeasure
at those immoral people who
freely express their point of view.

If we developed an ‘MQ’,
you never know, it could lead to
improvements in the moral stance
and give morality a chance.

Be Withers 2021

Bill

Just as I felt the need to write a rhyme on 'Morality' - so I was motivated by Maggoo's replies to write another on 'Mass Gaslighting'.  Enjoy!

Best wishes

Bill

MASS GASLIGHTING.

‘Gaslighting’ is insidious,
manipulatively hideous
psychological use
of falsification for abuse.

Victims are deliberately,
and also, systematically,
by way of sublimation,
fed fictitious, phoney information.

To ‘gaslight’ is to make folk doubt
what the truth is all about.
and twist views of reality
and alter one’s normality.

For gaslighters’ will have a goal
whereby they then, can take control
of the way their victims perceive
without awareness they deceive.

Even in this society
gaslighters have notoriety,
for undermining sanity
without profound profanity.

‘Influencers’ they have been called,
and good people are appalled
that they can influence so well
whilst their victims cannot tell.

It started out as one-on-one,
but as these dirty deeds were done,
and gaslighting had cottoned on,
‘influencers ‘ soon joined the con.

Now we see the politicians
joining in with their renditions,
manipulating all of us
and hoping we won’t make a fuss.

Be Withers 2021

Bill

Hello HenryM.
I have been re-thinking this brilliant concept in the light of trying to find concepts relating to ‘kindness’ so, here is: ‘THE MORALITY QUOTIENT 2.’
And I thank you again for providing the many motivational concepts which I have been able to portray in rhyme, time after time.
Best wishes
Bill

THE MORALITY QUOTIENT 2. (MQ)

The concept of morality
should have some commonality
with every thinking-living thing,
for what this concept might-well bring.

Morality has been defined
as standards of conduct we find
are accepted as being ‘right’,
and therefore, for which we should fight.

Morality is something we
should strive to keep collectively,
for if we don’t our unkind friends
will work to achieve their own ends.

I would claim that ‘kindness’ should
become a moral aim for ‘good’,
as kindness is conduct that might
be something we agree is ‘right’.

Kindness implies more altruism,
not cheating, lies, or elitism,
so, we need some way to measure
things that bring to mind displeasure.