Ostomy Memories of Food Groups

Replies
Views
HenryM

DIETICIANS NO MORE KNOW WHAT THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT than politicians, economists, conspiracy nutcases, or tarot card readers. For decades, they’ve been selling the general public all this malarkey about there being five food groups: fruits/veggies, carbs, proteins, dairy, and fats/oils. They have made dietary surveillance overly complicated in order to sell more books, get more TV shows, and generally pretend to be experts at something that really isn’t that complex. THERE ARE REALLY ONLY TWO FOOD GROUPS: stuff that’s good for you, and stuff that isn’t. As a general rule, the stuff that’s good for you varies between practically unpalatable and depressingly distasteful. On the other hand, stuff that’s not good for you almost always tastes great. Thus we’re presented with one of life’s biggest quandaries: what should I be eating? All the essential enigmas of life are encompassed in this basic mystery. It is at the very crux of all epistemological, ontological, philosophical, and theological inquires. What should I be eating? Stuff that’s good for me, but tastes crappy? Or stuff that’s not good for me, but tastes great? Broccoli or cinnamon buns? Cabbage or corn dogs? A bottle of water or a bottle of diet cola? How could God have screwed up so badly and made only stuff that’s bad for us tasty? And what circle of hell are dieticians consigned to when they croak?

Bill

Hello HenryM.

Another interesting perspective. I tend to eat all that stuff that is supposed to be good for us - (to stay alive). Then I eat stuff that I like (to enjoy life). However, I do think that there is an equally important food - and that is 'food for thought', although I tend to include in this category things that feed those emotions like love as well.

Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ritz

I eat whenever and whatever based on how I feel ...or should I just say that I eat too much .

Food for thought !

lovely

God doesn't make mistakes, men do. We have a free choice, and look how many things man has made to incourage growth and taste of foods.

Caz67

A bit of good and a bit of bad that's my motto and I'm sticking to it. Funny I work as a nurse and I have a few collegues dr's nurses ect who are extremely over weight. They have to advise patients about eating healthy more exercise ect but the patient must be thinking that we should practice what we preach. Just a thought!! XX

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister