Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Hey...what's that new slider button up top for??

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:44 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

Gotta love the folks who keep trying to make this site better.  THANK YOU!  

Now......what the heck is that big slider button up in the upper right of the screen before the Settings gear and my pretty picture?  When I slide it the whole page turns a dark grayish black........is this some Incognito kind of thing?  Or maybe a tribute to Black Lives Matter?  I don't know........let me know.  And why would we need this....meaning what do I do with it?  Has it been there long?.......I sometimes am oblivious to my surroundings.......so if this is old news....I apologize for my ignorance.  Maybe I need to look around a bit more often.

 

thanks,

bob

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:53 am

I may be wrong , but I seem to remember that some people with certain eye problems can see it better with the white letters on black background.



Last edited by lovely on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:31 pm

Hello Bob. 

When it first appeared there was a useful explanation about it. ( which I cannot now recall) I think Lovely is right about some people having difficulties with reading black writing on a white background and this alternative addresses that issue. 

I did try it but could not adjust, so I'm back to the old black on white. 

Best wishes

Bill 

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:36 pm

I just clicked on the question mark beside the liked button and it tells who liked your post. Has any of you used that or am I just running late.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:55 pm

Hi Lovely,

  I think that's a brandy-new feature.......as I don't recall seeing it before.  But you read my post above......so it could have been there for months before I'd notice it!!!  

 

;0)

bob

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Hi Bob ....no Bob my friend , it's not a conspiracy lol . Maybe it's just that when you hear the sound of Hooves you think Giraffes Bob ,  When I hear Hooves I usually  think Horses . ( Usually  "Horses"  but I like to use " Giraffes" when assumptions go off the scale ) ." Ockhams Razor "  would be a good rule for most Conspiracies ( Not all !! sometimes there is an Actual conspiracy !! I could cite some but not in an argumentative mood right now  ) . If I see a big bright spot of light in the sky it is most likely a Planet , a Star or a Galaxy and not an Alien ( Not the Immigrant type of Alien ) Intergalactic Space Ship !  although that may not be impossible it is not very likely . So when I see a big bright object in the sky it is probably Venus or maybe Saturn . This principle , Ochkam's Razor has been around since the 1300's . A franciscan Friar , Theologian and Logician  ( OK , I had to  do a little Google research on the origin)  , Several sources produced the same information , not relying on just one source !!  ( Qanon people and "Trump Won"  loyalists , the Hilary is a blood drinking , baby murdering Gray Alien  or Lizard Person  must use more than one source , ie, Not just  Fox to back up their beliefs , misconceptions and fantasies .   "Razor" refers to the fact that you have to Shave off all the extraneous assumptions that are probably , most likely untrue or not useful to have in the equation ie, Hilary is unlikely to be an Alien from another Galaxy , or an Undercover Gray Alien or Lizard Person who is playing the part of a "Manchurian Candidate " who is attempting to seed the political Elite with Alien DNA . The idea that a Vaccine would contain Nanobots which are tracking devices etc etc ... is quite unlikely , this would be a redundant exercise since most people , even children , already carry a very effecient , effective  Tracking Device Voluntarily , namely their Smartphone which tracks your every move unless the battery has been removed . "The Vaccine makes Men sterile  ???"  Huh....? ...Just don't get that one at all ? The different Vaccines from different experts in different labs all have this little robot inside ???

Like the Cabbage my Mom grew in our garden in Ireland , the head of Caggabe looked enormous with all those undigestable ( except for Animal Feed ) big green leaves . At first glance it looks like it could feed ten people or more  . However when all the extraneous , useless and tough green leaves are stripped away ( shaved away, Razor Ref  )  what remains is the true Heart of the Cabbage , the sweet white center , the Heart of The Matter you might say . This would feed our family but not as many people as  the Cabbage in it's Original Form would suggest  , before the Bullshit Leaves ( Fox etc )  were stripped from it .  The True information can be found when we strip the Bullshit and like with my Mom's Cabbage we get to the heart of the matter  and we begin to think of Horses , Not Giraffes or Zebras when we hear the clatter of Hooves . When pregnant women express concern about vaccinations they are thinking Horses , something closer to a Genuine Medical Concern even if problems are considered unlikely . I am not an OBGYN or a Doctor or Epidemeologist so I do not have enough information to have any opinion on this matter.

  We must know and admit the things we do Not know and the things we have little capacity to understand , we have to be  honest with ourselves about our ability and inability  to " do our own research " in areas where we simply do not have the Expertise or the Education to understand complicated testing procedures and Terabytes  of Data . As ( lowlife , piece of shit , mercenary war monger )  , Donald Rumsfeld once said ,   we must admit  " the known Unknowns " in order to  know what we know and what we do not know !!!! . Reading a science Dataset provides information for a Non-Expert reader  but not necessarily a real understanding of that dataset and leaves us with many known unknowns . Just reading does not make us an expert .

When someone else is in the room and may be snoozing the white background is like a Klieg Light , lights up the whole room .  Kitty's bedtime was 9pm  but I am a NightOwl and could not go to sleep until midnight or later . I would often spend that time reading or writing on MAO . The White background would bother her but the darker background kept us both  happy ! The dark colors are much better sometimes depending on the ambient light in your surroundings . Also I assume that all that light uses a lot of energy and may run your battery down more quickly .

In your Settings , Windows at least you can have many variations in your screen colors , white letters on black ( or other colors ) background , Black letters on white background and many others . As Lovely says people with various eye problems and vision quality problems this is a very useful tool , different people have different needs .

OK Bob ....this is my ten cents , maybe 2 cents !! LOL.... I'm no genius Bob , I just learned to broaden my sources oveer time . Years ago I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh , just to see what his latest hustle was . for entertainment and to have a good laugh at the crazy shit people actually believe !!!!   I was a bit fascinated by the fact that people like him , without conscience or even a hint of Ethics could Con some people into believing almost anything just because it was repeated over and over , throw enough bullshit at a wall and eventually some of it will stick !!  One day while I was listening for fun an College Student , maybe 3rd year I think he said . He said, to paraphrase ..."  I'm a College student and all these Liberal Commies , fellow students express all these beliefs and ideas that I  don't think I agree with but I'm confused and upset that   I can never argue back and don't know what to say ..."  Rush Limbaugh said he should subscribe to his Newsletter and his pay for play Website . In these you will find many of the most asked questions and the answers you should give . It will give you a list of arguments and the answers you should give when you encounter these Democrat Liberal Commies ..."  This exchange is the epitome of the AM Radio Conman technique , making your subscribers pay you to make them more stupid than you already are and make them pay you for the privelege of being lied to .

Well , That was my final 2 cents . I know ,,,I know , got on the soapbox a bit but that's just me , sometimes I really don't care and sometimes I just go on and on .

You seem like a fairly sharp cookie Bob , I wonder how much tongue in cheek hyperbole is in your posts sometimes , Devil's Advocate  ?? I respect peoples genuine beliefs as long as they are genuine beliefs . I didn't mean this to be a personal attack Bob , just a friendly chat from one wannabe wordsmith to another  ! So take care Bob , your posts are usually interesting , keep doing it .

Mister Magoo .

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:48 pm


magoo wrote:

Hi Bob ....no Bob my friend , it's not a conspiracy lol . Maybe it's just that when you hear the sound of Hooves you think Giraffes Bob ,  When I hear Hooves I usually  think Horses . ( Usually  "Horses"  but I like to use " Giraffes" when assumptions go off the scale ) ." Ockhams Razor "  would be a good rule for most Conspiracies ( Not all !! sometimes there is an Actual conspiracy !! I could cite some but not in an argumentative mood right now  ) . If I see a big bright spot of light in the sky it is most likely a Planet , a Star or a Galaxy and not an Alien ( Not the Immigrant type of Alien ) Intergalactic Space Ship !  although that may not be impossible it is not very likely . So when I see a big bright object in the sky it is probably Venus or maybe Saturn . This principle , Ochkam's Razor has been around since the 1300's . A franciscan Friar , Theologian and Logician  ( OK , I had to  do a little Google research on the origin)  , Several sources produced the same information , not relying on just one source !!  ( Qanon people and "Trump Won"  loyalists , the Hilary is a blood drinking , baby murdering Gray Alien  or Lizard Person  must use more than one source , ie, Not just  Fox to back up their beliefs , misconceptions and fantasies .   "Razor" refers to the fact that you have to Shave off all the extraneous assumptions that are probably , most likely untrue or not useful to have in the equation ie, Hilary is unlikely to be an Alien from another Galaxy , or an Undercover Gray Alien or Lizard Person who is playing the part of a "Manchurian Candidate " who is attempting to seed the political Elite with Alien DNA . The idea that a Vaccine would contain Nanobots which are tracking devices etc etc ... is quite unlikely , this would be a redundant exercise since most people , even children , already carry a very effecient , effective  Tracking Device Voluntarily , namely their Smartphone which tracks your every move unless the battery has been removed . "The Vaccine makes Men sterile  ???"  Huh....? ...Just don't get that one at all ? The different Vaccines from different experts in different labs all have this little robot inside ???

Like the Cabbage my Mom grew in our garden in Ireland , the head of Caggabe looked enormous with all those undigestable ( except for Animal Feed ) big green leaves . At first glance it looks like it could feed ten people or more  . However when all the extraneous , useless and tough green leaves are stripped away ( shaved away, Razor Ref  )  what remains is the true Heart of the Cabbage , the sweet white center , the Heart of The Matter you might say . This would feed our family but not as many people as  the Cabbage in it's Original Form would suggest  , before the Bullshit Leaves ( Fox etc )  were stripped from it .  The True information can be found when we strip the Bullshit and like with my Mom's Cabbage we get to the heart of the matter  and we begin to think of Horses , Not Giraffes or Zebras when we hear the clatter of Hooves . When pregnant women express concern about vaccinations they are thinking Horses , something closer to a Genuine Medical Concern even if problems are considered unlikely . I am not an OBGYN or a Doctor or Epidemeologist so I do not have enough information to have any opinion on this matter.

  We must know and admit the things we do Not know and the things we have little capacity to understand , we have to be  honest with ourselves about our ability and inability  to " do our own research " in areas where we simply do not have the Expertise or the Education to understand complicated testing procedures and Terabytes  of Data . As ( lowlife , piece of shit , mercenary war monger )  , Donald Rumsfeld once said ,   we must admit  " the known Unknowns " in order to  know what we know and what we do not know !!!! . Reading a science Dataset provides information for a Non-Expert reader  but not necessarily a real understanding of that dataset and leaves us with many known unknowns . Just reading does not make us an expert .

When someone else is in the room and may be snoozing the white background is like a Klieg Light , lights up the whole room .  Kitty's bedtime was 9pm  but I am a NightOwl and could not go to sleep until midnight or later . I would often spend that time reading or writing on MAO . The White background would bother her but the darker background kept us both  happy ! The dark colors are much better sometimes depending on the ambient light in your surroundings . Also I assume that all that light uses a lot of energy and may run your battery down more quickly .

In your Settings , Windows at least you can have many variations in your screen colors , white letters on black ( or other colors ) background , Black letters on white background and many others . As Lovely says people with various eye problems and vision quality problems this is a very useful tool , different people have different needs .

OK Bob ....this is my ten cents , maybe 2 cents !! LOL.... I'm no genius Bob , I just learned to broaden my sources oveer time . Years ago I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh , just to see what his latest hustle was . for entertainment and to have a good laugh at the crazy shit people actually believe !!!!   I was a bit fascinated by the fact that people like him , without conscience or even a hint of Ethics could Con some people into believing almost anything just because it was repeated over and over , throw enough bullshit at a wall and eventually some of it will stick !!  One day while I was listening for fun an College Student , maybe 3rd year I think he said . He said, to paraphrase ..."  I'm a College student and all these Liberal Commies , fellow students express all these beliefs and ideas that I  don't think I agree with but I'm confused and upset that   I can never argue back and don't know what to say ..."  Rush Limbaugh said he should subscribe to his Newsletter and his pay for play Website . In these you will find many of the most asked questions and the answers you should give . It will give you a list of arguments and the answers you should give when you encounter these Democrat Liberal Commies ..."  This exchange is the epitome of the AM Radio Conman technique , making your subscribers pay you to make them more stupid than you already are and make them pay you for the privelege of being lied to .

Well , That was my final 2 cents . I know ,,,I know , got on the soapbox a bit but that's just me , sometimes I really don't care and sometimes I just go on and on .

You seem like a fairly sharp cookie Bob , I wonder how much tongue in cheek hyperbole is in your posts sometimes , Devil's Advocate  ?? I respect peoples genuine beliefs as long as they are genuine beliefs . I didn't mean this to be a personal attack Bob , just a friendly chat from one wannabe wordsmith to another  ! So take care Bob , your posts are usually interesting , keep doing it .

Mister Magoo .

Uhhh........I'll have whatever meds he's on please.

 

;0)

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Well there are at least  two  people on " the same meds " so at least I'm not alone  !!  My  " Meds " are a   shot of Reality ,  works wonders for  the  truth .   I know I got a bit off topic but  that's just me . Kitty told me I was  bit ADHD .   , not sure but when I write I tend to go and go . I do however think the post is logical and makes a lot of sense to me  . Any criticism  is welcome  but I would prefer it to be productive criticism  from which we might get some  useful opinions  and clarify some others ..

All the Best Bob . I consider myself to be amazingly lucky because I take no meds at all . Perfect blood pressure , petfect weight  , BMI  ,  have all my hair !!  I can Pee when I need to so the old Prostate is doing ok ....lets see what else . I have my little house in Mayo , Ireland  quite close to a beautiful glacial period Lake .. ..great for swimming , Kayaking and Salmon fishing and live a couple of miles from the most beautiful beaches in Europe ....the scenery is more amazing than you could imagine . 

    Being close to nature an having the ability to enjoy it is my  drug of choice Bob . I Love the US  and am roud of my Citizenship  and the country will survive in tact  despite four years of people attempting to destroy it's institutions . So I keep the faith , I hope you do also Bob .

Now get that Mask on and stop being Typhoid Mary ...lol  you gotta keep your sense of humor no matter what ..☘🥳🏖

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:05 am

Uhhh............make that a double please!

 

;0)

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 am

For those who PM'd me who don't see the slider...........here's what I'm seeing.  Any Q's just shout.

 

;0)

bob

 

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:32 am


magoo wrote:

Well there are at least  two  people on " the same meds " so at least I'm not alone  !!  My  " Meds " are a   shot of Reality ,  works wonders for  the  truth .   I know I got a bit off topic but  that's just me . Kitty told me I was  bit ADHD .   , not sure but when I write I tend to go and go . I do however think the post is logical and makes a lot of sense to me  . Any criticism  is welcome  but I would prefer it to be productive criticism  from which we might get some  useful opinions  and clarify some others ..

All the Best Bob . I consider myself to be amazingly lucky because I take no meds at all . Perfect blood pressure , petfect weight  , BMI  ,  have all my hair !!  I can Pee when I need to so the old Prostate is doing ok ....lets see what else . I have my little house in Mayo , Ireland  quite close to a beautiful glacial period Lake .. ..great for swimming , Kayaking and Salmon fishing and live a couple of miles from the most beautiful beaches in Europe ....the scenery is more amazing than you could imagine . 

    Being close to nature an having the ability to enjoy it is my  drug of choice Bob . I Love the US  and am roud of my Citizenship  and the country will survive in tact  despite four years of people attempting to destroy it's institutions . So I keep the faith , I hope you do also Bob .

Now get that Mask on and stop being Typhoid Mary ...lol  you gotta keep your sense of humor no matter what ..☘🥳🏖

“Ahhh....Mr Magoo………you’ve done it again!” Loved that cartoon!

But seriously, I’m not even sure what to tell you and your ilk anymore. If you think things are going in the right direction we just see things very very differently. I guess as Bill Clinton so profoundly said……..it depends on what your definition of “is” is. Except here it depends on what your definition of “in tact” is. And my Wordsmith friend……just FYI…..”intact” is one word…..at least on this side of the pond.

My reality? Well, since you brought it up.......here’s my reality……..I bought feed today for my animals and it cost TWICE what it cost a year ago. Gas is 50% higher. A Big Mac at McDonalds now costs almost $6. Not the meal, just a burger. SIX DOLLARS! A large fry is $4. That’s $10 for a burger and fries…..at McDonalds! My weekly supermarket bill has doubled since last year and almost every manufacturer has reduced the size of what they sell while raising the price. NYC still hasn’t recovered and looks like a war zone. I visited a friend a couple weeks ago in Lawndale, Ca, just a few blocks from LAX. Hop on Sepulveda Blvd over to West Century. Used to be an ok neighborhood. Now his machine shop gets broken into and robbed at least twice a month and the rest of the street is boarded up and abandoned. The cops don’t even come anymore because with all the illegals running around they have no idea who anybody is. He and his family have had enough and are in the process of moving. He’s lived in CA for almost 80 years. Can’t sell the business because there is nothing left to sell and the property is worthless. San Fran is a cesspool with people not being able to leave fast enough. Our southern border is a joke. Illegals have been pouring over since January by the thousands every week and they are not checked for COVID. Most are NOT from Mexico…..go ahead and fact check that before you call it a conspiracy theory. This week over 18,000 Haitians hit the border……..none of them were checked for COVID. And what do we do with all those illegals…….we stick them on buses and send them to our major cities, COVID and all. So before you tell me to wear a mask you might want to step out of your little forest and see if you can still see some trees. Although with CA’s idiotic land management policies those trees have probably already burned to the ground. Let’s see…….what else is going good……..we just left a good chunk of our military equipment with our enemies while we turned tail and ran. The dollar is still the world’s reserve currency, but with out debt spiraling out of control and China’s GDP climbing exponentially…..that won’t last long. Jeez, I wonder how many juan a dollar will be worth? I could go on and on………but I’m thinking even YOU might be getting my point. Then again, probably not.

So I’m glad you think everything is hunky-dory and “in-tact”……..but I don’t. And I’m not happy about it. Too many of my relatives have fought and died to make this the best nation on the planet, and now I have to sit and watch it be destroyed while everyone pretends it’s great. You’re going to wake up one day, when you shake the hatred out of your heart, and look around and say “What the hell happened??”. Well Magoo…….YOU happened. I sincerely hope you wise up, and soon, my Wordsmith friend.

And for the record, I don’t wordsmith. I just type the same way I talk if you met me in person. I’m not sure why everyone doesn’t do that………but for me it would be more work not to. So just call me lazy…….but not a wordsmith.

Great chatting with you, my friend, as usual.....and have a wonderful night! Oh, there is one good thing…..as the Eagles said so elequently……..”there’s plenty of room at the Hotel California” these days!!

Hi-Ho Silver……..Awaaaaaay!

;0)
bob

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:48 pm

Hi Guys ,  well I'm sorry I got you so upset Bob , as I said , you have to keep that sense of humor or life just turns into a shitstorm . Maybe 20 years of wars and TRILLIONS  of US tax dollars being pissed away when it could have been spent rebuilding American infrastructure . I actually do believe there are Genuine , very real conspiracies in the world . Using fake , made up evidence to start a war in Iraq which destroyed so many lives , so many families and allowed hundreds of Billions of US tax dollars to be Stolen by the Corporate Bloodsuckers like Dick Cheney's Haliburton and Their Ilk . This same tactic was used by Tony "PoodleDog" Blair in Britain when off the shelf Mortar Tubes were portrayed as Elements of Centrifuge to refine Nuclear material for a Nuclear Bomb . All of Europe had a good laugh at this claim but it was only funny until the first bombs fell based in a catastrophic war based on lies and on this made up evidence. Like the Gulf of Tonkin made up , fabricated attack which triggered a full scale war in Vietnam . The politicians change but without fail this type of shit happens every time Republicans have the reins , they drive the country over a cliff leaving future generations to pay the price of broken families and broken people , squandering the resources which should be used to uplift and make this country all that it could be and deliver on the promise of prosperity and peace.  The way I see it ,in general many wars are simply huge Money Laundering operations . Taking Billions , now Trillions of tax dollars and use a "Righteous War " to launder this money and distribute it to the Corporate Bloodsuckers wo benefit Only from war ....ie . Haliburton , Dow Chemical etc etc . After all the money , Trillions and Dead Military Personnel how can it be that there is hardly a single project , hospitals , roads etc etc ...to show in Afganistan outside Kabul ?? Where did this money go ....where did your tax dollars go . The money which should have been building the American economy and rebuilding it's infrastructure disappeared . I was watching a BBC broadcast from Kabul Airport and the British reporter for BBC was reporting on money deliveries to Afganistan ( there were no banks operating so everything was done in cash ) . As he looked on there were whole pallets of hundred dollar bills ( not sure how much cash fits on a 4 foot by 4 foot pallet but a LOT .) One of the pallets was being loaded onto a plane to be flown to a country in the Middle East , Dubai , I believe he said , a case of , one for you ...two for me . These are some of the reasons that America is not living up to the expectations of many people . Afganistan War ...the target was caught and killed , totally justified for the carnage brought about by mass murderers F them they didn't suffer half enough . The British tried , the Russians tried and finally the USA tried to bring or push this country to catch up with WQestern norms or simply to take it over ...all who tried  failed . 

   Useless expenditure of lives , American , Iraqui, Afgan  and useless expenditure of Trillions of tax dollars over a  20 year period , this is one reason the country is in trouble . One other sad fact is that for Political Donation purposes  Corporations are classified as  "  People " meaning that there is virtually no limit on what they can "Donate"  to a political campaign . So for political purposes the Corporation is like you ar me and has the same rights as you or me . However when criminal activity or illegal activity is involved and proven in a court  ( causing single or multiple deaths of employees , money laundering and financial crimes ...ie . Wells Fargo , Bank of America  ) the Corporation magically is a Corporation again and no individual people can be held responsible . So a Corporation can  "Buy " whatever party / Politician with unlimited donations and can only be fined ( it's just money !! )  for criminal activities the sky is the limit . As an old  Celtic / Gaelic phrase says ..." Lig amach an Tarbh " which means ...Let the Bulls Loose , to trample your rights and your financial stability . This is the root of the problems you cite , not immigrants . Without immigrants working in the Central Valley in California the agriculture industry would collapse , the Meat Processing industry would come to a disasterous halt in the Midwest . The Apple / Fruit industry in the Northwest , Washington and Oregon  would collapse . In the Wine Country of Napa Valley the wine industry of California would die on the vine , literally . I could go on but you get the idea .

  The same concers exist in Europe . Look at the collateral damage of Brexit ( Britain leaving the EU ) . I firmly believe that concern over immigrants was a key reason for Brexit . People wanted to " Take Britain Back "  was the common chant. At this very moment people are lining up in their cars and panic buying Gasoline ( petrol) . So many legal immigrants ( under EU Rules )  had to return to their countries of birth that the trucking industry is slamming to a halt . Vegetable farms cannot harvest produce .. etc etc . There are actually fears of food shortages because of harvesting and delivery slow downs . Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

   I went through the legal process of coming to this country , the Lawyers , the many, many appointments and interviews , the mountains of documentation and more interviews and quite a bit of money . For quite a while I , like many immigrants , did not go for my Citizenship papers . I stood there in an auditorium in San Francisco and recited the Oath of Allegiance  and meant Every word of it . I was and am so proud to be an American Citizen and I realize how many people would literally give their right arm to be in my position and not have to worry about the Migre . I got here after high school and I just felt American , like I belonged here . Many Irish immigrants in England and in the US " cry in their beer " about " the Ould country "  and their Mother and wishing they could have led their life " back home " . They were forced to leave by economic or political reasons . I never felt forced to come here , I just assumed and knew I would come here and live here . It was about 8 years before I went back for a visit . My family traveled frequently so we always saw each other regularly and I never regretted my move .  Sometimes I think Americans , many Americans do not appreciate the good luck they had in being born in this country and this great country can only be really appreciated after a person has experienced other countries .  I absolutely believe that a country has to control it's borders , there have to be rules and the rules have to be followed  . Legal Immigration quotas are set for each country and so many applications can be taken from different countries at different rates . A whole lot of Irish people are here illegally , they fly in on a Visa , anyone without a criminal record can enter the USA for three months from Ireland . Many come here and never leave . This is how many of the illegal immigrants get here , on a plane with tickets and a Valid Visa . The ones you see are the ones who walk for days or weeks through very dangerous terrain 

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:03 pm

i don't know the official use but it's handy when i'm logged in during the night on my phone.  it's not so harsh on my light sensitive eyes! 👀 

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:07 pm


lovely wrote:

I just clicked on the question mark beside the liked button and it tells who liked your post. Has any of you used that or am I just running late.

Wow that is new! I like that! Maybe they will stop all the notifications for likes. Just makes the page more messy!

Pup

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:08 pm

I noticed that a few weeks ago. Have not used it. Prefer thee blinding white! Lol I may go to sleep in between sentences! Lol

Pup

Past Member
Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:17 am


magoo wrote:

Hi Bob ....no Bob my friend , it's not a conspiracy lol . Maybe it's just that when you hear the sound of Hooves you think Giraffes Bob ,  When I hear Hooves I usually  think Horses . ( Usually  "Horses"  but I like to use " Giraffes" when assumptions go off the scale ) ." Ockhams Razor "  would be a good rule for most Conspiracies ( Not all !! sometimes there is an Actual conspiracy !! I could cite some but not in an argumentative mood right now  ) . If I see a big bright spot of light in the sky it is most likely a Planet , a Star or a Galaxy and not an Alien ( Not the Immigrant type of Alien ) Intergalactic Space Ship !  although that may not be impossible it is not very likely . So when I see a big bright object in the sky it is probably Venus or maybe Saturn . This principle , Ochkam's Razor has been around since the 1300's . A franciscan Friar , Theologian and Logician  ( OK , I had to  do a little Google research on the origin)  , Several sources produced the same information , not relying on just one source !!  ( Qanon people and "Trump Won"  loyalists , the Hilary is a blood drinking , baby murdering Gray Alien  or Lizard Person  must use more than one source , ie, Not just  Fox to back up their beliefs , misconceptions and fantasies .   "Razor" refers to the fact that you have to Shave off all the extraneous assumptions that are probably , most likely untrue or not useful to have in the equation ie, Hilary is unlikely to be an Alien from another Galaxy , or an Undercover Gray Alien or Lizard Person who is playing the part of a "Manchurian Candidate " who is attempting to seed the political Elite with Alien DNA . The idea that a Vaccine would contain Nanobots which are tracking devices etc etc ... is quite unlikely , this would be a redundant exercise since most people , even children , already carry a very effecient , effective  Tracking Device Voluntarily , namely their Smartphone which tracks your every move unless the battery has been removed . "The Vaccine makes Men sterile  ???"  Huh....? ...Just don't get that one at all ? The different Vaccines from different experts in different labs all have this little robot inside ???

Like the Cabbage my Mom grew in our garden in Ireland , the head of Caggabe looked enormous with all those undigestable ( except for Animal Feed ) big green leaves . At first glance it looks like it could feed ten people or more  . However when all the extraneous , useless and tough green leaves are stripped away ( shaved away, Razor Ref  )  what remains is the true Heart of the Cabbage , the sweet white center , the Heart of The Matter you might say . This would feed our family but not as many people as  the Cabbage in it's Original Form would suggest  , before the Bullshit Leaves ( Fox etc )  were stripped from it .  The True information can be found when we strip the Bullshit and like with my Mom's Cabbage we get to the heart of the matter  and we begin to think of Horses , Not Giraffes or Zebras when we hear the clatter of Hooves . When pregnant women express concern about vaccinations they are thinking Horses , something closer to a Genuine Medical Concern even if problems are considered unlikely . I am not an OBGYN or a Doctor or Epidemeologist so I do not have enough information to have any opinion on this matter.

  We must know and admit the things we do Not know and the things we have little capacity to understand , we have to be  honest with ourselves about our ability and inability  to " do our own research " in areas where we simply do not have the Expertise or the Education to understand complicated testing procedures and Terabytes  of Data . As ( lowlife , piece of shit , mercenary war monger )  , Donald Rumsfeld once said ,   we must admit  " the known Unknowns " in order to  know what we know and what we do not know !!!! . Reading a science Dataset provides information for a Non-Expert reader  but not necessarily a real understanding of that dataset and leaves us with many known unknowns . Just reading does not make us an expert .

When someone else is in the room and may be snoozing the white background is like a Klieg Light , lights up the whole room .  Kitty's bedtime was 9pm  but I am a NightOwl and could not go to sleep until midnight or later . I would often spend that time reading or writing on MAO . The White background would bother her but the darker background kept us both  happy ! The dark colors are much better sometimes depending on the ambient light in your surroundings . Also I assume that all that light uses a lot of energy and may run your battery down more quickly .

In your Settings , Windows at least you can have many variations in your screen colors , white letters on black ( or other colors ) background , Black letters on white background and many others . As Lovely says people with various eye problems and vision quality problems this is a very useful tool , different people have different needs .

OK Bob ....this is my ten cents , maybe 2 cents !! LOL.... I'm no genius Bob , I just learned to broaden my sources oveer time . Years ago I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh , just to see what his latest hustle was . for entertainment and to have a good laugh at the crazy shit people actually believe !!!!   I was a bit fascinated by the fact that people like him , without conscience or even a hint of Ethics could Con some people into believing almost anything just because it was repeated over and over , throw enough bullshit at a wall and eventually some of it will stick !!  One day while I was listening for fun an College Student , maybe 3rd year I think he said . He said, to paraphrase ..."  I'm a College student and all these Liberal Commies , fellow students express all these beliefs and ideas that I  don't think I agree with but I'm confused and upset that   I can never argue back and don't know what to say ..."  Rush Limbaugh said he should subscribe to his Newsletter and his pay for play Website . In these you will find many of the most asked questions and the answers you should give . It will give you a list of arguments and the answers you should give when you encounter these Democrat Liberal Commies ..."  This exchange is the epitome of the AM Radio Conman technique , making your subscribers pay you to make them more stupid than you already are and make them pay you for the privelege of being lied to .

Well , That was my final 2 cents . I know ,,,I know , got on the soapbox a bit but that's just me , sometimes I really don't care and sometimes I just go on and on .

You seem like a fairly sharp cookie Bob , I wonder how much tongue in cheek hyperbole is in your posts sometimes , Devil's Advocate  ?? I respect peoples genuine beliefs as long as they are genuine beliefs . I didn't mean this to be a personal attack Bob , just a friendly chat from one wannabe wordsmith to another  ! So take care Bob , your posts are usually interesting , keep doing it .

Mister Magoo .

I was trying to find out more about Bob because he has so much info to offer and ended up here.   You said to be nice when we criticize so, what the hell are you talking about?  You should be limited to half a page.  You remind me of my brother who can write pages and get upset because no one can figure what he is talking about.. I won't respond to my brothers letters anymore unless he stays with one topic.  I am old it makes my head hurt.

for instance I wanted to respond to something you said and the next thing I am in a cabbage patch and forgot my response.  

Oh yeah the vaccine has nanotechnology in it along with iodine from invertebrates.  The scientific articles share it helps with the delivery of the med.  yeah like it needs help.  I will take the vaccine maybe in about two years after I see what it does to all those who have been vaxxed.  My son buckled for his job makes me very sad.  Most people truly do not know what is going on.  God bless you and keep you well.  

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:28 am

Hi Gemo ,  I will concede one thing and only one thing , I do go on and on once I start , Guilty as charged  😜  However if you get bored with my ramblings you can always read Bob's well written and often entertaining posts and comments  🤗  . Someone once told me that I am possibly ADHD   as I do go off on a tangent sometimes and into the tall grass !!  I'm Irish so you know we have the " Gift of the Gab "  !!   

   Seriously though ,  can you tell me what this "Nanotechnology "   component of the vaccine actually is and what is it supposed to do  ???  I really am curious ??   " Iodine from Invertibrates "  ???  Any more info on that ?   

     I am puzzled sometimes by the things people  will believe  if they are bombarded with " Alternative Facts "  from radio talk shows or  a propoganda machine  in the form of Fox News .  . The old saying ....throw enough shite at a wall and some will surely stick . . I have great respect for free speech even when a lot of it is total nonsense . I read and evaluate  logically  lots of anti vax claims and none can stand up to informed scruitany .  One purveyor of  AntiVax  misinformation / disinformation  actually has claimed that women get STD's  because " Demons  have sex with them while they are asleep " . Would you continue to visit and trust a medical Doctor who says stuff like that  ??   

   Enough of that , I won"t  twist your arm and force you to read any more of my  rant for today .

    Stay safe and wear that mask ....It might protect others from you , if and when you it . I wouldn't wish Covid on anyone , even those with whom I disagree .. Writing is in the Irish blood and psyche ....put a blank page in front of me and I have to fill it 

Bye for now ...Magoo ☘

☘☘  Eamon . .  

Past Member
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:29 pm

Hello Bob,

Rainy day here so online more cuz I am being lazy.  I never noticed that bar funny how we look at things and sometimes it just doesn't register.  Anyway, when I signed up I had a black background and white letters. It is very soothing to my eyes.  Yep I am one of those people who are looking for shades because the sun is out lololo in my apt.

Linda

Past Member
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:57 pm


magoo wrote:

Hi Gemo ,  I will concede one thing and only one thing , I do go on and on once I start , Guilty as charged  😜  However if you get bored with my ramblings you can always read Bob's well written and often entertaining posts and comments  🤗  . Someone once told me that I am possibly ADHD   as I do go off on a tangent sometimes and into the tall grass !!  I'm Irish so you know we have the " Gift of the Gab "  !!   

   Seriously though ,  can you tell me what this "Nanotechnology "   component of the vaccine actually is and what is it supposed to do  ???  I really am curious ??   " Iodine from Invertibrates "  ???  Any more info on that ?   

     I am puzzled sometimes by the things people  will believe  if they are bombarded with " Alternative Facts "  from radio talk shows or  a propoganda machine  in the form of Fox News .  . The old saying ....throw enough shite at a wall and some will surely stick . . I have great respect for free speech even when a lot of it is total nonsense . I read and evaluate  logically  lots of anti vax claims and none can stand up to informed scruitany .  One purveyor of  AntiVax  misinformation / disinformation  actually has claimed that women get STD's  because " Demons  have sex with them while they are asleep " . Would you continue to visit and trust a medical Doctor who says stuff like that  ??   

   Enough of that , I won"t  twist your arm and force you to read any more of my  rant for today .

    Stay safe and wear that mask ....It might protect others from you , if and when you it . I wouldn't wish Covid on anyone , even those with whom I disagree .. Writing is in the Irish blood and psyche ....put a blank page in front of me and I have to fill it 

Bye for now ...Magoo ☘

☘☘  Eamon . .  

Sorry Eamon,  I  try to keep up with answers I actually didn't see it..

 The only info I could find on nanotechnology on an article by some university was that it helped with the delivery of the med. really in my years as a nurse we never needed it why now?    I have only heard about the iodine and am still looking all I have found is this 

“There is no good scientific, rigorous data to support [using iodine to prevent COVID-19],” he says. “If there were something that simple that was useful in preventing or treating COVID, every doctor in every country would be advocating for it.” End quote.

people read that iodine is in the vaccine and it kills the virus so of course everyone is using it all wrong as it doesn't kill covid as it is not a bacteria.

since I am a conspiracy theorist I would think it can and might be used for tracking.  It has been said there is a scanner that can tell who has or hasn't been vaxxed.  
so, what do they need to have in the vaccine to accomplish that?  I just had a cat scan with iodine tracking.   Go figure.  Oh n there is no doubt you are ADHD I have been all my life and I can still run off on a piece of paper.  

Just so you know how I fly it is simple.  I will hear something on you tube or talk show or someone will mention something new to my grey cells.  UNLIKE most people who believe mainstream media about everything or believe anything people tell them I go on a hunt some short, some long.  Most often the powers to be are so brazen that it is all online until too many people find it but mostly it is there.

There is a lot of info out there and most is conflicting.  Just like CDC says mask don't do any good but a bit of pressure and that page is gone.  I saw it I read it now it is gone censorship has gotten out of hand.  And CDC can't keep their numbers straight.  I keep looking to see other causes of death last year and that data is just now being figured out due to everyone including suicide has die of covid this from a doctor who was fired for saying no he died of suicide.

 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Currently online: 26    
3 members & 23 visitors