Facebook

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Ritz

For all of you that use Facebook.... did you know it's down . Bummer .it's down here in Arizona and 5 other states I've contacted people .

just an FYI.... Ritz

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cplumber

Down in Minnesota, just us misfits to socialize

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
w30bob

So are ;Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Oculus VR. My heart bleeds.

:0)

bob

Ritz
Reply to w30bob

Here's a bandage for you Bob !!

HenryM

It can stay down as far as I'm concerned.  I quit FB several years ago because of what they permit on there.  Sorry to inject a sour note, but ...

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member
Reply to HenryM

Henry I quit Facebook when they deleted my posts 5 days in a row. I had a short devotional and some gospel verses. They were ok with that but when I put in Caps I WILL NOT TAKE VACCINE... we'll gone. Makes you wonder why would they care if I took it or not. They are doing their best to keep people out of touch with each other so that we won't be able to rebel against what they will be doing to all of us. God bless us and keep us safe.

Past Member

We need to ask why are they not wanting people to communicate? What are they planning now? ;First segregate us from each other get us scared you will give me covid and now even the communication is being shut down. How will any of us qfind out what's happening when the internet goes down. Yep been following this scary stuff for years. Ok I have been called a conspiracy nut but I will jump on any conspiracy to see if it is true. The best way to keep people from looking to close or asking questions is to label it a conspiracy. How do we react to that word speaks volumes of are we looking for truth or not? ;Sometimes it is a lot to wrap your head around. In our times the truth is really scary.

Puppyluv56

Yep,

The whistle blower has cause a huge pause for all the Social media that is controlled and Censored by people with common views of the upper Echelon of Facebook creators. Doing studies that show harm done because of their product and Disregarding those results is terrible!

I cannot say I won't miss it because it has kept me in touch with, or reconnected me to, so many friends but I rarely go on there any more anyway. Do not do Instagram or Twitter. Sometime to much communication is not a good thing! I will enjoy the break!
Hope everyone enjoys the break as well!
Pup

w30bob

Hi Pup.........don't fret.........like the Terminator..........IT'S BACK!!!It really was a neat way to connect to people and friends all over the world. Too bad it morphed into what it is today. Another good idea gone bad. Oh well. Maybe they'll bring the rotary telephone back................

;0)

bob

Bill

An interesting post! My own comment would be:

"We don't miss what we never had!"

Best wishes

Bill

Caz67

Sometimes I just want to talk face to face with a real person not some keyboard warrior. There's that many scammers on social media now so ya can't trust anyone. Oh I do miss writing letters and receiving them instead of junk mail cos that's all that comes through the letter box these days. Oops went off course a bit there lol XX

Past Member

I'm with Henry and Bill, I've been listening to the original" 1984"and it really sends a shiver down my spine. News is so sefregated and segmented into big chunks with very specific agendas . There are so many" Umbrellas" that cover nonsenseand keep dissent out of the picture for so many people . Different opinions and viewpointsare kept segregated from each other . People who don't want their opinions or ideas challenged or discussed never have to listen to an opinion they disagree with . Thiscompartmentalizationgives many people way more confidence in their beliefsand opinions than they deserve .. Way before Facebook etc etc .. there was good old AM Radioand within AMRadiothere were niches. Late night AMhad some real gems !!I know that some people out there are familiar with the name , "Art Bell , Coast to Coast" For the people who know that nameI need to say no more .

Art Bell retired to the Phillipines on the fortune he made on conspiracy theories . I only heard him say just one time that he had seen a huge triangular " craft " of some kindover head at night in the Nevada High Desert .. His newsletters and his many books made Art a very wealthy man . He was really good at it and attracted a huge number of people whose silly beliefs and weirdness were positively affirmed by his radio show .

Facebook stepped right in and this is where all these people hang out ...pretending to be regular logical people . The management of Facebook , just like Art Bell have figured out how to usepeople to vaccume up money by the Billions .

Art Bell was just some entertaining fun and never malicious , not so with Facebook . There is a documentary about"Brexit". Everyone should see that, a true cautionary tale about information , it's valueand how it , and we , can be manipulatedif we participate .

Eamon .

Past Member

I'm with Henry and Bill, I've been listening to the original" 1984"and it really sends a shiver down my spine. News is so sefregated and segmented into big chunks with very specific agendas . There are so many" Umbrellas" that cover nonsenseand keep dissent out of the picture for so many people . Different opinions and viewpointsare kept segregated from each other . People who don't want their opinions or ideas challenged or discussed never have to listen to an opinion they disagree with . Thiscompartmentalizationgives many people way more confidence in their beliefsand opinions than they deserve .. Way before Facebook etc etc .. there was good old AM Radioand within AMRadiothere were niches. Late night AMhad some real gems !!I know that some people out there are familiar with the name , "Art Bell , Coast to Coast" For the people who know that nameI need to say no more .

Art Bell retired to the Phillipines on the fortune he made on conspiracy theories . I only heard him say just one time that he had seen a huge triangular " craft " of some kindover head at night in the Nevada High Desert .. His newsletters and his many books made Art a very wealthy man . He was really good at it and attracted a huge number of people whose silly beliefs and weirdness were positively affirmed by his radio show .

Facebook stepped right in and this is where all these people hang out ...pretending to be regular logical people . The management of Facebook , just like Art Bell have figured out how to usepeople to vaccume up money by the Billions .

Art Bell was just some entertaining fun and never malicious , not so with Facebook . There is a documentary about"Brexit". Everyone should see that, a true cautionary tale about information , it's valueand how it , and we , can be manipulatedif we participate .

Eamon .

Past Member
Reply to Caz67

Oh such fond memories of writing letters. My mailman would pick them up for me and I would get those sent to me. He knocked on the door one day and said," on my route you are the only person who writes letter". Prior to my mom's passing we would record things. She would be ironing and sharing things she remembered. Oh n we talked on the phone everyday. It was fun times.

Past Member

I miss Art Bell. Have you ever read the Book Of Enoch? ;It tells all about the ET's they are the fallen angels. I just started to compare that book with the Bible the biggest challenge I have ever done but am all ready finding like minded verses.

Puppyluv56
Reply to w30bob

Haha Bob,

Yep, FB was not gone long enough for me! Thinking I better get all my pictures put on a thumb drive and forget it all together!
If they bring back a rotary phone, we will have a world of no communication, the young people today would not know what to do! There is a TiikTok video of two guys trying to figure out how to us a rotary phone!
Hilarious!
Pup