Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Ostomy Memories of Anti-Vaxxers

Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:05 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

THERE WAS AN ITEM that I saw yesterday about a health care worker, a nurse’s aide, who was fired because she refused to get vaccinated against Covid. She proclaimed herself a victim of oppression. Yet, when asked why she would rather lose her job than get vaccinated, she had no response that made any sense at all. She went so far as to say that even if God Himself told her to get the vaccine, she would not do it. Perhaps she was one of those people who believe that the vaccine is a government plot to inject her with a microchip, or magnetize her, or one of the other moronic reasons that have been given by refusers, and she was embarrassed to admit it. Now, one would think that people trained in health care would possess both an intellectual and an intuitive comprehension of why being vaccinated is appropriate. As with Trump’s lie about fraud in the election, no evidence supports refusal and all evidence contradicts it. Plus, it is the classic two-way street, protecting oneself while also protecting others. The fact that almost all of the current hospitalizations and deaths due to Covid are of unvaccinated people doesn’t seem to penetrate the dogmatic, made-up minds of these people. They have “heard” anti-vax things that somehow stuck in their lame brains and, even more than facts and scientific and medical evidence, they refuse to budge. This woman is the very embodiment of intransigence. Somewhere in the afterlife, Darwin must be gloating.

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 am

The same thing is happening in my city of Melbourne, Australia, Henry!

Anti-vaxers are making themselves heard even though today we had over 1700 positive Covid cases.

And we are still in lock-down!

Even professional people including teachers, health care workers and of course the overly stimulated construction workers who believe it is their right to "stick to the man" are among the many refusing to be vaccinated.

There was a young lady on local radio today saying she was only getting vaccinated because "I want to travel".

Clearly only thinking about her self.

Here in my city of five million, positive case numbers are expected to climb further in October....no decline in sight.

The government has given up trying to enforce the rules.....very few obey them anyway.

So its all about vaccination.

Soon it will be all about "us and them". The vaxed and the non-vaxed.

If I was a religious man I might say something like...."God help us all".

Keep well. 😷

V.J. 

Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:34 am

Some people in hospital are now regretting not getting vaccinated because of long haul symptoms of covid. That alone would be enough to change my mind. My mind did not need to be changed, I got my two shots of vaccine, and would take a third if the time comes. 

Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:18 am

Hello HenryM.
I am not sure whether I have shared the concept of 'R.I.M' with you before, but I have recently resurrected it to apply to a study of drivers and their behaviour towards cyclists. Anyway, the concept was first applied to 'bullies'; then in trying to make sense of people’s behaviour during the pandemic so it might be relevant to your discussion.

I am also not sure if the list will be transcribed in the format in which it was written: i.e. the headings 'responsible' - 'irresponsible' and 'malevolent' each have a list of  behaviours beneath them,  relevant to that category. Let's hope it comes out like that!

Best wishes
Bill

A COVID METAPHOR & R.I.M. MODEL FOR COVERT BULLIES.
There are surely things we need to learn about ourselves in this time of the Covid19 pandemic.
My interest in dysfunctional people and bullies got me thinking that there are comparisons to be made with the way people are behaving during these times of crisis and, it is perhaps an opportune moment to build a ‘model’ of behaviours to try to explain/expose what is happening.
Covert bullies can be said to be ‘asymptomatic’ because they often do not manifest overt symptoms.
Covert Bullies do not ‘suffer’ their condition but impose it on others so that other people ‘suffer’.
Covert Bullies can be described as ‘carriers’, in much the same way as asymptomatic people ‘carry’ and spread the covid19 condition. However, not all asymptomatic people deliberately want to spread the condition to others who may then consequently ‘suffer’.
We therefore need to make distinctions between (1) Those who are responsible, ‘benign-carriers’ and wish nobody else any harm; (2) Those who are irresponsible and do not care about the effects of their behaviour on others; and (3) Those who are malevolent and wish to harm as many other’s as they can.
Below is a draft model for making the distinction between these three types of people who may not show overt symptoms (of bullying or covid19):
‘A’ (asymptomatic) PEOPLE.

R I M
Responsible      Irresponsible        Malevolent
(Benign)           (Care-less)         (Dangerous)
caring,               uncaring             malicious
considerate,     inconsiderate         vindictive
thoughtful,         superficial         Machiavellian
helpful,               unhelpful             spiteful
kind,                   unkind                 nasty
unselfish,             selfish              narcissistic
benevolent,     mean spirited            hurtful
warm-hearted,    indifferent         cold/calculating
good-natured, unfavourably disposed bully
friendly,                 aloof                devious
warm,                   cold               manipulative
affectionate,      unfeeling            unscrupulous
agreeable,        disagreeable          unpleasant
amiable,             indifferent              cruel
sympathetic,   unsympathetic          callous
compassionate,   heartless             merciless
well disposed,    ill-disposed           warlike
obliging,              unobliging          ruthless
liberal,              conservative           fascist
benignant           unfriendly             hostile
generous               mean              rancorous
accommodating, unaccommodating obstructive
cordial,                unfriendly         antagonistic
genial,            unapproachable      dangerous
passive                indifferent          aggressive
social                  anti-social          treacherous
non-killer        occasional-killer      serial-killer

WHERE ARE WE - ON THE RIM?

When I refer to on the ‘RIM’
it is, of course, an acronym,
which helps to show what we may know
about the way some people go.

I use the ‘R’, the ‘I’ and ‘M’
to try to identify them
in terms of underlying traits
which might range from love to hate.

We need some guidance as to what
basic traits people have got,
so, we can guess how they will act
long before it is a fact.

Where there are people who don’t show
those outward signs, we still should know
that they might pose to us some harm
so, raise a cognitive alarm.

The ‘R’ stands for ‘Responsible’,
and ‘I’ for ‘Irresponsible’.
‘M’ means they’re ‘Malevolent’
thus, rarely are benevolent.

And here, we have the basic theme,
from people being nice to mean,
especially when other’s can’t see
from outward signs what they might be.

The lists are there to ascertain
if someone else might cause us pain,
based upon their attributes
before they show that they are brutes.

I would maintain for ‘I’ and ‘M’,
we need some strict controls on them,
before they harm, injure, or hurt
even though they are covert.

Be Withers 2020

Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi Henry,  If you ask an anti-vaxxer why they refuse to get vaccinated, you invariably get a mixture of reasons, don't trust that the vaccine is safe, don't trust the government, there is a conspiracy of some sort.  That theory alone is absurd.  If indeed there is a conspiracy, every government of every country on the planet must be in on it.  I think that all of it boils down to one thing.  There is a segment of the population who has been convinced that they cannot trust mainstream media or the government, and this includes health authorities.  Instead they get their news from Facebook or Twitter, or any number of far right leaning websites geared towards spewing out misinformation, conspiracy theories of all types, and outright lies.  Any time they are exposed to the truth, they assume it must be a lie, because, after all, it came from the government or mainstream media, who cannot be trusted.  It's futile to try to have an intelligent conversation.  How can your right to make decisions about your own healthcare trump my right to live safely in this world without being exposed to a potentially deadly virus?  They expect to have the same freedoms as the rest of vaccinated society.  We accepted years ago, that smokers do not have the right to expose others to second-hand smoke.  How is this any different?  It is the ultimate in selfishness.

Terry

Past Member
Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:58 pm

I am a retired nurse and Chaplain.  I refuse to take the shot because in my research I found it dangerous.  
#1 they put nanotechnology in it.  Articles posted say it helps with delivery of med

#2 CDC has numbers that have been inflated due to hospitals get reimbursed for each Covid patient.  I have heard this from the group American doctors and individual doctors who have been fired for not complying.  1 dr said they wanted my suicide to be Covid.  They also used numbers of False positive results of people not sick.

#3 Pediatrician Larry Pavelskey’s Transcript:
“When studies are done on injections that are thought to be vaccines, we sometimes need 7, 10 or even 15 years to really understand what the injection does to the body and what it does to those around us. And so there’s automatically an assumption that when the authorities say these injections are safe, that we actually have data and adequate observational data to understand whether or not these injections are safe. The bottom line is we don’t have enough data to understand the safety.

#4 they have pushed this vaccination by using fear tactics.  Now some true scientists are working on how those who are vaxxed can shed the virus to those of us that aren't 

everyone says follow the science..I ask what science.  The covid test has ethyl oxide a known cancer agent on the tip it is supposed to help with sterility.  But it needs a longer time to accomplish that and they are being used too soon.

#5 finally cuz I get weary of those getting their information from the news.  For a fact last I heard there are over 40,000 people who have died after getting the vaccination, some from blood clots some from getting covid.   

this is an all out biological war and I for one will not do it.  I ask why does it matter if I CHOOSE that?  If you are vaxxed how can I affect you?  This is nothing like polio or smallpox this is an all out assault on the people.   Good luck to those of you who took the vaccine and are upset with those of us who haven't.  Why?

Past Member
Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:03 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

Hi Henry,  If you ask an anti-vaxxer why they refuse to get vaccinated, you invariably get a mixture of reasons, don't trust that the vaccine is safe, don't trust the government, there is a conspiracy of some sort.  That theory alone is absurd.  If indeed there is a conspiracy, every government of every country on the planet must be in on it.  I think that all of it boils down to one thing.  There is a segment of the population who has been convinced that they cannot trust mainstream media or the government, and this includes health authorities.  Instead they get their news from Facebook or Twitter, or any number of far right leaning websites geared towards spewing out misinformation, conspiracy theories of all types, and outright lies.  Any time they are exposed to the truth, they assume it must be a lie, because, after all, it came from the government or mainstream media, who cannot be trusted.  It's futile to try to have an intelligent conversation.  How can your right to make decisions about your own healthcare trump my right to live safely in this world without being exposed to a potentially deadly virus?  They expect to have the same freedoms as the rest of vaccinated society.  We accepted years ago, that smokers do not have the right to expose others to second-hand smoke.  How is this any different?  It is the ultimate in selfishness.

Terry

Really.  Where do you get your facts. Ok I have to stop I came to this site for ostomy help not to get upset with those who haven't a clue.  Just asking have you ever just asked the question why nanotechnology is in our vaccines?  There are articles on it.  I have never gotten anything off Facebook or other platforms I do my own reasearch and listen to doctors that know what they are talking about. 

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Really.  Where do you get your facts. Ok I have to stop I came to this site for ostomy help not to get upset with those who haven't a clue.  Just asking have you ever just asked the question why nanotechnology is in our vaccines?  There are articles on it.  I have never gotten anything off Facebook or other platforms I do my own reasearch and listen to doctors that know what they are talking about. 

Gimo,  I'm guessing your question about where I get my facts is rhetorical, but I will answer it anyway.  I get my facts from our local, provincial as well as federal health authorities, delivered through mainstream media, ie, newspapers, television news, and mainstream media online platforms.  From what you have stated, it's clear that these are not the sources you use.  With all due respect, I think it highly unlikely that either of us is going to change our minds on this topic, so best not to engage further.

Terry

Past Member
Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:20 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

Gimo,  I'm guessing your question about where I get my facts is rhetorical, but I will answer it anyway.  I get my facts from our local, provincial as well as federal health authorities, delivered through mainstream media, ie, newspapers, television news, and mainstream media online platforms.  From what you have stated, it's clear that these are not the sources you use.  With all due respect, I think it highly unlikely that either of us is going to change our minds on this topic, so best not to engage further.

Terry

I agree.  I have a very dear friend who thinks like you.  I shared one day with her that I thought she was brainwashed and then I said and you think I have been brainwashed then I said I wonder who is brainwashing us and we laughed.  I hate that people I would find fascinating as friends don't want anything to do with let's say an anti Vaxer. I find it really sad that our country is so divided.  

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am

Agree to disagree XX

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:40 am

Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for speaking up, I feel the same way.

You will NOT get honest information from main stream media. If you really want to know what is going on in the world you need to find other forms of information. There are plenty that are not 'far right' (Joe Rogan, TimCast etc.). I am ultimately responsible for my own body and I have no desire to take an experimental drug till it has been tested the right way! Did you know that after Chantix was on the market for 15 years they just discovered that it causes cancer? Image that a drug used to prevent cancer actually causes cancer and was created by Pfizer! https://www.everydayhealth.com/stop-smoking/pfizer-recalls-all-lots-of-chantix-due-to-potential-cancer-causing-impurity/ 

I'm not hear to discuss politics either but I felt I just had to say something and believe me I didn't say nearly all the things I wanted to say. 

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:11 am

So the cancer drug that causes cancer has proven a good point. This will have gone through the proper trial's that takes 15 years and still it's outcome is bad. So no matter how long you trial meds whether its 9 month or 15 years no one will know until mass programs are rolled out. Xx

Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:41 pm

Caz67 wrote:

So the cancer drug that causes cancer has proven a good point. This will have gone through the proper trial's that takes 15 years and still it's outcome is bad. So no matter how long you trial meds whether its 9 month or 15 years no one will know until mass programs are rolled out. Xx

What an excellent point Caz!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:42 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

Terry

Your blindness to opposing viewpoints is appalling.  Watch oan news or newsmax for a month (no, not three days and say they are crazy).  My wife and oi did over 50 hours of research before making the decision to not take the jab and take the malaria drug instead which Japan, Brazil and India as well as 17 other countries are GIVING out to all their citizens.  How much time and research did you do, or did you just listen to CNN? 

Last edited by Fred383 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:44 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

Terry

Your blindness to opposing viewpoints is appalling.  Watch oan news or newsmax for a month (no, not three days and say they are crazy).

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Fred383 wrote:

Your blindness to opposing viewpoints is appalling.  Watch oan news or newsmax for a month (no, not three days and say they are crazy).

Actually Fred, no, I don't watch CNN.  Here in Canada we have several networks that provide news.  These networks provide actual news, not left wing news, or right wing news, just news, fair, balanced, unbiased reporting of current events as they unfold.  News media in Canada is regulated by a governing body called the CRTC, (Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission).  All journalists and media in Canada are accountable, ethically and legally to this governing body.  They still have what is called "journalistic integrity".  In their positions as dispensors of news, they do not editorialize, or express opinions.  That is not their job.  I have watched CNN on several occasions, and even FOX news, and I have been shocked at what passes for news in the U.S. these days.  I know it wasn't always this way.  I'm not surprised that many Americans have become cynical and jaded towards the media. 

I've spent a total of seven days in hospital in the last month, just released yesterday for my latest stay as a matter of fact.  I've experienced first hand how crazy things are, and we are in much better shape than some parts of the country.  I've had many conversations with the nurses and doctors, and everything I have seen and heard leads me to trust what my local news has been reporting for the last 19 months.  Our ICUs are struggling and the last number I heard says that 92% of those dying of Covid are people who are not fully vaccinated.  My own GP, who I saw this morning, was expressing his frustration with the unvaccinated.  We were sharing some black humour over a local story of a doctor and his ICU nurse wife, who decorated their house for Halloween.  One of the decorations hanging over the porch railing is a human skeleton with a banner strapped to its chest saying "I did my own research".

Terry

Past Member
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:02 pm

You know you guys this post is making me want to leave. Maybe you want me to go. It is so sad to me that our world is at odds with each other.  My new colostomy is causing me enough stress than to nit pic with everyone.  You think I am not compliant or just ignorant. I have not posted a lot of things on here because they would just hurt n divide people more.  I felt such a sense of relief when I found you guys but you are running this into the ground so I am deciding if this is a healthy place for me.  God bless. 

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:50 am

Anonymous wrote:

You know you guys this post is making me want to leave. Maybe you want me to go. It is so sad to me that our world is at odds with each other.  My new colostomy is causing me enough stress than to nit pic with everyone.  You think I am not compliant or just ignorant. I have not posted a lot of things on here because they would just hurt n divide people more.  I felt such a sense of relief when I found you guys but you are running this into the ground so I am deciding if this is a healthy place for me.  God bless. 

Hello Gimo.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one and it saddens me to hear that you are contemplating leaving the site because of this post.
I perceive this site to have many different posts, in much the same way that modern TV has many different channels. if I don't like what's on one channel, I simply switch to another more interesting one. (or - I switch off altogether and find something else to do!) However, so far I haven't actually rid myself of the TV (or this site) altogether. When subjects like religion, politics etc., which tend to be controversial and divisive, we have a choice as to whether we join in, become passive observers, or opt out of the discussions.
My own perspective tends to see some discussions as 'emotionally' provocative, which often veers away from logic and often end up being somewhat personal and potentially abusive. These topics are the ones that prompt me to simply observe, because they are a fruitful source of material for my collection of rhymes about 'bullying'.
However, I do (perversely) 'enjoy' watching humans acting like primitive animals in their relationships with each other, because it confirms my cynical underlying perspective of the human race. Many people have all-but given up conversing with their fellow humans and prefer talking to their pets (or other animals), that do not have that irritating tendency to sometimes disagree with their viewpoints.
Much of my own research focussed on people's relationships with their pets, which is from where my 'AIMS For Today' list emerged. I found it interesting that animals seem to be able to instinctively adhere to such a list, whereas (some) humans have great difficulty in doing so.
I leave you with yet another copy of my Aims for Today list below:
Best wishes
Bill
AIMS FOR TODAY
1. To BE – THERE
2. To be CONSISTENT
3. To be HONEST, GENUINE & SINCERE
4. To be NON-JUDGEMENTAL
5. To LISTEN: Empathetically
6. To keep things CONFIDENTIAL
7. To ENABLE & EMPOWER (DIY process)
8. To show POSITIVE REGARD (unconditional)
9. To show RESPECT for INDIVIDUALITY
FEELING & NEEDS
10. To FOCUS CARING (according to my principles)

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Gimo,  I am sorry if my post offended you.  The only part of it that I can figure might have been offensive to anyone was the doctor and his wife and their Halloween decorations.  This is not a joke, the couple live in my city.  I didn't need to include that in my post, but I was trying to highlight what our doctors and nurses are dealing with.  The rest of my post was just my own personal experience along with some information about how the media works in my country.  I am wondering why you had no problem with Fred's post to me, which was disrespectful and mean spirited?  I answered his questions and showed no disrespect.  We are all trying to handle this pandemic as best we can, and it's been difficult for everyone.  It is a new experience for us all, and it certainly causes emotions to rise.  I have spent so much time in hospital in the last two years that I have observed things that many have only been hearing about.  There was nothing in my post that was meant to hurt or offend you and I am truly sorry if it did.  You have as much right to be here as anyone.  I hate that our world has become so divided too Gimo, but with respect, to be absolutely fair here,  you have expressed your own very strong opinions about the vaccine too.  Is it not OK for me to do the same? I know you have been struggling, so have I.  I can empathize with some of what you have been going through, and one thing I've noticed in myself is that my emotions have been closer to the surface than usual.  Your physical health certainly affects your emotional health.  I will try to be more cognizant of that in future.

All the best to you,

Terry

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:28 pm

Henry,. I hate to tell you but more than 50% of all hospitalizations Re from vaxed individuals.  I don't know where you are getting the info but it is ludicrous.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:34 pm

veejay wrote:

The same thing is happening in my city of Melbourne, Australia, Henry!

Anti-vaxers are making themselves heard even though today we had over 1700 positive Covid cases.

And we are still in lock-down!

Even professional people including teachers, health care workers and of course the overly stimulated construction workers who believe it is their right to "stick to the man" are among the many refusing to be vaccinated.

There was a young lady on local radio today saying she was only getting vaccinated because "I want to travel".

Clearly only thinking about her self.

Here in my city of five million, positive case numbers are expected to climb further in October....no decline in sight.

The government has given up trying to enforce the rules.....very few obey them anyway.

So its all about vaccination.

Soon it will be all about "us and them". The vaxed and the non-vaxed.

If I was a religious man I might say something like...."God help us all".

Keep well. 😷

V.J. 

If you are vaxed why are you afraid of me?  I'm healthy and have a good chance of surviving. With out a strange unproven drug that the nation is fighting about.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:42 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

Terry

Like I've said before, if you are vaxed, why are you afraid of me?  Even if I got Covid, you're protected, right?  Stop shaming people.  Get your own life and health in order.  Not mine.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:47 pm

Unvaxed people are dying. Vaxed people can still catch covin. It is not a shield. It just helps protect you. If you are not vaxed stay away from me and everyone else. I could say more but people are getting upset. Grow up and do not infect others.

Past Member
Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:34 pm

delgrl525 wrote:

Gimo,  I am sorry if my post offended you.  The only part of it that I can figure might have been offensive to anyone was the doctor and his wife and their Halloween decorations.  This is not a joke, the couple live in my city.  I didn't need to include that in my post, but I was trying to highlight what our doctors and nurses are dealing with.  The rest of my post was just my own personal experience along with some information about how the media works in my country.  I am wondering why you had no problem with Fred's post to me, which was disrespectful and mean spirited?  I answered his questions and showed no disrespect.  We are all trying to handle this pandemic as best we can, and it's been difficult for everyone.  It is a new experience for us all, and it certainly causes emotions to rise.  I have spent so much time in hospital in the last two years that I have observed things that many have only been hearing about.  There was nothing in my post that was meant to hurt or offend you and I am truly sorry if it did.  You have as much right to be here as anyone.  I hate that our world has become so divided too Gimo, but with respect, to be absolutely fair here,  you have expressed your own very strong opinions about the vaccine too.  Is it not OK for me to do the same? I know you have been struggling, so have I.  I can empathize with some of what you have been going through, and one thing I've noticed in myself is that my emotions have been closer to the surface than usual.  Your physical health certainly affects your emotional health.  I will try to be more cognizant of that in future.

All the best to you,

Terry

Terry I must have replied wrong I was not focusing on you at all. Please forgive that as I thought I was writing to everyone. I still get confused as to how to just post...... I try not to read some of these posts but it kills me to see so much misinformation being sent out.  Those who are vaxxed are contagious to those of us who are not vaxxed so I should be more worried about you then me.  Wait n see what happens in the next few years .. I won't post things that it is to late to share as it won't help any of the vaxxed and just one more thing to worry about.  Don't you think this thread should just stop?  What is the purpose of making me think less of you than what is true.  I hate the way it is separating us all.  

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.