Masks

In this discussion
Replies
Views
xnine

People wareing masks seem to be a responsible lot. But why is it that are so many masks on the walks and in parking lots. You do not see a lot of used tissues laying about but masks are everywhere. You need to ware a hazmat suit to pick them up. This bothers me as much as dog pooh.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

TerryLT

Yes, I'm afraid that masks are going to be the next big thing filling up our landfills and eventually ending up in our oceans, rivers, etc. Maybe those who are discarding them are the ones who resent having to wear them, and throwing them away is an act of defiance?I don't know, but it seems somewhat foolish and wasteful, as they are just going to have to buy more, and those things ain't cheap!

Terry

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Superme

First I hate litterbugs and even more, those people who wear masks and likely haven't been vaccinated are throwing their dirty masks all over retail parking lots. It's not only disgusting but leaves germs to chance. Those people are just careless and irresponsible. Mike

Axl

I cannot understand people just discarding things where they stand and don't get me started on fast food wrappers and the like.

w30bob

Yeah, people polluting is really hard to understand. I think it just goes back to bad parenting. If I ever tossed something out the car window my old man would slam on the brakes, back up......and make me get out and pick it up. But it seems we don't teach our kids this stuff anymore. Where I live is pretty rural, and we have to have people 'adopt' sections of our roads to keep them clean. It's amazing how much stuff you see on the side of the road. Is it really so hard to just hang onto that cup, bottle or candy bar wrapper until you get where you're going and throw it in a trash can?I guess it is.

On the subject of masks........3M.....just one maker of masks.........has made over 5 BILLION disposible masks so far. That's just one company. And ;don't forget........they're not biodegradable or recycleable. So we'll be seeing them on sides of the road and in parking lots...........for a VERY long time. And they wonder how deer and other wildlife keep testing positive for COVID.

;0)

bob

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
lovely

We have people or groups adopting sections of highways too. I keep a bag in my car to put trash in. Then when it gets fullI just pick it up when I get home and throw it in the trash. Not the least bit hard to do.

w30bob

When I was living back in Jersey I was coming home from work one night and ended up sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on Rt 3 by the Meadowlands (for those who know about such places). We were just sitting there.....going nowhere fast......and I look in my rearview mirror and see the guy behind me toss something out his window onto the road. So.......since I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.......I got out of my car, walked back to his......our windows were down as it was warm out........and I asked him why he just threw that stuff on the ground?He looked at me like I was from Mars and said...........and I'm not exaggerating......."Everyone does it. If we didn't the guys they pay to clean the highways wouldn't have a job. Who wants that?"I mean....what could I say?It wasn't worth getting into a fight about and getting hauled off in a police car over......so I just shrugged, turned around and went back and sat in my car until the traffic started moving. As Forest Gump famously said........"Stupid is a stupid does"........and we all know you can't fix stupid. But that's the mentality we're dealing with out there. Considering that..........I'm surprised the world is as clean as it is!!! Glass half full........or half empty?

;0)

bob

ron in mich

Hi all yeah the retail parking lots are full of them especially wally world as they hand them out free. We have a friend who recently retired andtook up making cloth masks so we didnt have to buy any.

TerryLT
Reply to lovely

Good on you Lovely!Much appreciated and wish there were more like you.