Ostomy Memories of Applying the Tag

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS was playing catcher on a girls’ softball team in her mid-teens. I noticed a local lawyer who liked to throw his weight around nearby in the stands; he was cheering for his daughter, a player on the opposing team. His daughter had just hit a single that was misplayed by our left fielder, allowing the girl to advance to second base. It’s amazing how carried away parents can become watching their children play sports. A number of times, I witnessed a player’s parent heaping verbal abuse upon the umpire who was just, after all, volunteering his time. At any rate, the other team’s next batter slapped a single to right and the lawyer’s daughter tried to score from second base. Our right fielder threw it in and our second base player relayed a perfect strike to my daughter at home plate, who stood her ground and tagged out the runner, knocking her to the ground in the process. There was a momentary hush. I noticed the lawyer stand up, a worried look on his face. The girl finally arose and brushed herself off. I let my pride overcome me. “Way to go, Cassie!” I screamed. “Great play!” Sometimes you just have to let people know where you stand.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bowsprit

Well done,Henry. I played softball when I was in the US, my college friends would ask where I had learned to play that game, they were surprised that I had never played it before when I told them that. Actually, I had played a lot of cricket and I found it easier to whack that ball compared to the hard leather cricket one. A lot of cricket at nineteen, yes, some would say that I did little else except play that game.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate