Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Ostomy Memories of the Present

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:45 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

NOTWITHSTANDING THAT I TALK ABOUT MEMORIES a lot, I still believe that it is important for a person to live in the present. If you can’t be attuned to and appreciate the here-and-now, what’s the good of living? Outside events, and other people, ought not be allowed to distract or intrude upon your unique enjoyment of what’s going on all around you. It’s entirely up to you. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today,” said Groucho Marx. “I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.” To his everlasting and immortal credit, he made others happy too. Groucho seems to have recognized that dwelling over the past or worrying about the future were counterproductive. As the zany characters he portrayed exemplified, the potential for the full enjoyment of life exists in the present, the awareness of the benefits inherent in stopping to smell the roses, or kick the can, or laugh in the face of the over-serious pedant. Try not to let the child within you die out entirely; that former version of you has something positive to offer. “How old would you be,” asked Satchel Paige, “if you didn’t know how old you was?”

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:59 am

Well said. All we truly have is now. 💗

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:02 am

Were too eager as a child to want to be a grown up and when you are grown up you desperately desire to be a child without a care in the world. No bills or work to worry. I miss my childhood and cherish my time with my grandson. XX

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:16 pm

We are not promised tomorrow so we need to be thankful each day we wake up.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.