Charity

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Past Member

Does anyone know if they hold charity events for stoma causes especially in the UK?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

I'm sure they do. However, to me, it seems that we're so spread out that there's no big concentrations of people with stomas in any specific area. So, the more remote/rural you are, I think the more difficult it will be to find anything. For me, there's supposed to be a group here that meets once a month and this month is supposed to be a Christmas party. It was canceled because of lack of interest. It's the only group I know of in this city of 500,000. If there's more, they don't advertise well cause I've never stumbled across any. Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
William15

Hi Chris

You might want to check out www.colostomyuk.orgyou can click on support and see an extensive list of support groups in the UK, however, due to the pandemic, any groups/events might currently be remote.

The ColostomyUK organisation appears to have a very broad remit, and has lots of useful information, and an advice line.

Quite a few years ago I went to a social event in London, and numerous stoma appliances companies attended, and brought samples of all their products, it was organised by a hospital stoma nurse team., but I've never seen this event listed again.

Best

W