Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,431 members

Updating profiles

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:36 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

How often do you update your profile? I see someone is a member since 2016(for example) and their profile says they're 44(for example). So, are they really 49 now or were they 39 when they became a member? 

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:55 am

If it's female the year you see it lol 😂 XX

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,431 members
Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:26 am

Caz67 wrote:

If it's female the year you see it lol 😂 XX

😂 I know some people get really worked up about their age. To me, age doesn't mean anything. Heck, I still think I'm 18. 🏋️ Of course, my cheater readers and the noises my joints make knock me back into reality pretty fast. 🤦‍♂️

Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:27 pm

"Ask yourself how old you'd be / if you didn't know the day you were born."   from "Don't Let the Old Man In" by Toby Keith

Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:00 pm

The site adds a year for you, although it did add my year a few months early. Check your own profile. If your age was good when you first put it in, it should still be good.

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:25 pm

xnine wrote:

The site adds a year for you, although it did add my year a few months early. Check your own profile. If your age was good when you first put it in, it should still be good.

Is that for paying members? I don't recall having to put my birthday in when I did my profile but maybe I did and just didn't pay attention. BTW, my age didn't turn when my birthday came up a few days ago, I changed it. 

Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:17 pm

AlexT wrote:

Is that for paying members? I don't recall having to put my birthday in when I did my profile but maybe I did and just didn't pay attention. BTW, my age didn't turn when my birthday came up a few d...

Happy belated Birthday 🥳 Alex!!! Hope you have a great year!

😇

Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:29 pm

Earth Angel wrote:

Happy belated Birthday 🥳 Alex!!! Hope you have a great year!

😇

Thank you. This birthday was way better than last year when I was doing my chemo and radiation and was pretty much living in the bathroom. Went bowling(not my top sport) with the kids/grandkids. Had my 2 year old grandson rolling the ball down the "kiddie ramp" for my turn so I lost with an excuse. 😂 Nobody from here called for a dinner date 😁 so I had one of my favorite meals, tamales and tacos. 

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:10 pm

I had a birthday in November and it update my age.

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:16 pm

lovely wrote:

I had a birthday in November and it update my age.

Happy belated birthday. 

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:33 pm

Happy belated Birthday. Your tree is beautiful and looks like you are ready for Christmas with all those presents. Hope it is a good one for you.

Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:32 am

HenryM wrote:

"Ask yourself how old you'd be / if you didn't know the day you were born."   from "Don't Let the Old Man In" by Toby Keith

Hello HenryM.

Thanks for the quotation. I sometimes wonder if that's what the kids might be thinking when I knock on their door. However It's much more important to be saying it to ourselves;

Best wishes

Bill 

BE KIND TO YOU AS YOU GET OLD.

Be kind to you, as you get old
for what I know, and what I’m told,
is that the way our brains are made
will often make our memories fade.

This is not so for everyone,
so, long before our days are done,
we should try to find out why
things go downhill as time goes by.

We see some octogenarians
and sometimes centenarians,
who seem to keep their faculties
and shine as personalities.

So, what is it that keeps them fit,
if only in their sharpened wit?
What is the secret of their way
and how do they manage day by day?

Some people will hypothesise,
that it is down to exercise
that helps the brain stay active so
prevents the brain from going slow.

The body may deteriorate
at a most alarming rate,
but this does not mean that the brain
should also be dragged down the drain.

I feel there is something in this
to stop the brain coming amiss,
but the best exercise I find
is exercising of the mind.

There is not much that we can do
to stop our ageing, it is true.
Yet, whilst we’re on that slippery slide,
we might as well, enjoy the ride.

Be Withers 2021

Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:55 am

AlexT wrote:

😂 I know some people get really worked up about their age. To me, age doesn't mean anything. Heck, I still think I'm 18. 🏋️ Of course, my cheater readers and the noises my joints make knock...

I've decided that age is no longer important, if I can get out of bed stand up and walk downstairs then I've still got it lol 😂 XX

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:56 pm

AlexT wrote:

Is that for paying members? I don't recall having to put my birthday in when I did my profile but maybe I did and just didn't pay attention. BTW, my age didn't turn when my birthday came up a few d...

Happy Belated! 😊

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:04 pm

kstyle wrote:

Happy Belated! 😊

Thank you.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.